Eric Black

villan-scott

What a clueless, inept, useless 'manager'.

Anyone, ANYONE there today knew we needed something changed around the 55th/60th minute. Yet Eric Black decides to do NOTHING.

We had Grealish, Adama, Gestede all on the bench, why not bring on one or two of them and actually have a go?! We were ALREADY RELEGATED FFS!

Fair enough, Lescott had to go off, so the change to bring on Richards was forced, but why the hell did he start with 5 at the back in the first place?

We didn't even play with a striker! Sinclair was out on the right and Ayew was on the left touch line, literally nothing up front. I might be wrong here but every time Sinclair or Ayew got the ball, they couldn't pass it to each other because they were miles away!

Thank GOD this clown is off now.

• Like 2

Useless rocket polisher.

If he deliberately wanted to do a bad job, he couldn't have done it any better. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect him to go until we have a new manager, it'd be inappropriate to sack a first team coach until the new manager has said who he wants in those positions, IMO.

I wouldn't expect him to go until we have a new manager, it'd be inappropriate to sack a first team coach until the new manager has said who he wants in those positions, IMO.

I'd struggle to get behind any manager that wanted Black as part of his set up. The guy is a grade A tool, worse than McNeil.

I don't expect him to be here next season under any circumstances, but I'd expect a new manager to have first refusal on all of the staff currently employed, considering we'll have to pay them off.

• Like 1

To me the most disturbing aspect is that he was so outrageously poor, in all respects, that despite our plight it was clear after a couple of games he wasn't up to the job and needed to go. I'm aware it could've looked like farce to sack yet another Manager, I'm aware we were already down, and all the rest of it, but the job of managing us should never be treated as unimportant or incidental, or available on any old terms to anyone.

It says a lot about Hollis (and Little ?, and Bevington ?- who I assume is still here ) that they were prepared to allow him to just see out the season like that, prepared to listen to the garbage he spouted, prepared to see us go down with so little effort, prepared to see supporters effectively treated as an irrelevance.

Yes Board interference would usually be bad, as would sacking a Manager after a couple of games, but he was not within a million miles of being adequate as a Manager, this was obvious very early on, yet he sat it all out.  It was almost like a child with the sweetie jar and there were no adults around to tell him to behave.

And who thought he was an appropriate choice ? Who picked him ? Whose judgement gave us a Manager who got 1 point from 21, and conceded nearly 3 goals per game ? 7 games is a fifth of a season near enough, if the NEW Manager (or any, in any Club) goes 7 games with that record the scrutiny would be immense.

I just think him, and others, have got away with murder with this one.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

We were ALREADY RELEGATED FFS!

My only explanation for the way he's gone about this is he still hasn't realised this even now.  Baffling.

His game plan didnt work.. whatever that was...  but also to have the young kid Toner marking Giroud.. who unfortunately took Toner apart. Should have been our experienced leader Lescott or Richards. Pathetic. 

Eric Black is just another ingredient in the boiling, bubbling cauldron of diarrhoea soup which has been this club this season. He is the three month past the expired date dollop of sour cream on top of this stinky soup which includes the ingredients of Randy Lerner, Tim Sherwood, the January transfer window, Micah Richards, Guzan, Lescott, Charles N'Zogbia, Paddy Reilly, our playing style, the 45 to 50 minute conceded goals, our ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, and many other random pieces of crap. Hopefully we can fix all this so we are not served this anymore.

• Like 2

Â