Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

It's being reported that Hollis and King are conducting an investigation in to the demise.

I hope it is conducted with integrity and sincerity and that no stone will be unturned.

As much as the magnitude of this mess is hard to take in.....it is fixable.

If we appoint the right people in the right positions, It can be reversed.

investment is paramount, but it doesn't have to be unrealistic, it needs to be prudent.

Graham Taylor had a similar battle to deal with and he did it.

We need a few seasons of prudent decision making to build momentum.

Lets see if they can come up with answers to the cancer and eradicate it.....and then maybe we can start the recovery.

An honest investigation could only result in ringing up Lerner and telling him,``It is all down to you, boss.'' 

Anything else will simply be scapegoating.

• Like 4

"Hello, Mr Lerner? Hi, it's Steve....Steve Hollis......Steve Hollis the Chairman. Anyway, I've completed that review you asked about. Yes. In order to go forward, the club needs significant investment over the summer .........Hello? .....Hello? ...Oh."

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

An honest investigation could only result in ringing up Lerner and telling him,``It is all down to you, boss.'' 

Anything else will simply be scapegoating.

I believe primarily it is,

but like McNeil and HDE there is always more than one contributing factor.

I believe the man at the top sets the landscape, but everyone else doesn't have to add to it.

Bendall was a poor absentee chairman, but Saunders managed to circumnavigate him with good coaching staff and the autonomy to get on with it, un interfered. Recruitment of players was a particular Jewel in the crown affair that Bendall had little involvement in.

Despite the unmitigating case against Lerner, there are other factors that could have been handled better.....This is not a Lerner get out of jail comment.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

They will probably sack Fox and bring in someone inferior.

Well it would be easier to appoint someone superior I would have thought.

Is Fox really on 20 grand a week?

Edited by mykeyb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

Well it would be easier to appoint someone superior I would have thought.

Is Fox really on 20 grand a week?

£1M a year really

I wouldn't pay this whopper in 1m olives!.. 

Infact i wouldn't pay this whopper in 1m of the shitest olives known to man… The ones with stones in and about two chip fulls of meat!

Typical Lerner.He has appointed a person who knows nothing about soccer to look into another person who knows nothing about soccer ?!

I cant wait to find out the result of the survey.

I could be wrong, maybe it Is us customers that have it all wrong.

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Typical Lerner.He has appointed a person who knows nothing about soccer to look into another person who knows nothing about soccer ?!

I cant wait to find out the result of the survey.

I could be wrong, maybe it Is us customers that have it all wrong.

The three guys who will be investigated have a fair number of years between them involved in football, so whatever you may think of their experience, you would be incorrect to say they know nothing.

As to Hollis - I agree absolutely.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Despite what we may have thought about this appointment it seems Steve is halfway to being on the same page as the fans.

Identifying that recruitment has been a problem is the first step, identifying that Fox and his merry men, Almstadt and Riley need to go is the next and before you know it he's well on his way to telling Randolph to f*^k off and starts inviting rich middle eastern businessmen to lunch.

Article below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12181455/Desperate-Aston-Villa-preparing-to-axe-chief-executive-and-two-key-members-of-clubs-senior-staff.html

Chief executive Tom Fox is very likely to lose his job at the end of this doomed campaign, as are two other key members of the Villa Park backroom staff

Aston Villa are ready to axe chief executive Tom Fox and two key members of senior staff in a ruthless cull at the end of the season.

Fox, sporting director Hendrik Almstadt and head of recruitment & scouting Paddy Riley are fighting to save their jobs after an extensive inquest by Steve Hollis, the new chairman.

Hollis has conducted a full-scale investigation into Villa’s nightmare campaign and believes major changes are required at boardroom level, with the club on course to start next season in the Championship.

Fox could even leave before the season ends with sources claiming his position has now become “untenable”, while his two big appointments Almstadt and Riley are also expected to go.

• Like 2

On 24/02/2016 at 13:20, AntrimBlack said:

The three guys who will be investigated have a fair number of years between them involved in football, so whatever you may think of their experience, you would be incorrect to say they know nothing.

As to Hollis - I agree absolutely.

Tom Fox knows a lot about commercial sponsorship, as does Almstadt as they have a lot of experience in the commercial sector at Arsenal who's business model is very succesful. Paddy Rielly was a sports scientist who mainly studied nutrition.

Yes they all have some experience in football however their roles are CEO, Sporting Director and Chief Scout which is not in their skill set!!

I have decided to email Hollis with my suggestions for replacemnts, if we act swiftly we may secure all three.

CEO: Charley Sheen

SPORTING DIRECTOR: Freddie  (from Rod,Janet & Freddie)

CHIEF SCOUT: Muhammad Shahid Nazir (£1 fish singer)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

Despite what we may have thought about this appointment it seems Steve is halfway to being on the same page as the fans.

Identifying that recruitment has been a problem is the first step, identifying that Fox and his merry men, Almstadt and Riley need to go is the next and before you know it he's well on his way to telling Randolph to f*^k off and starts inviting rich middle eastern businessmen to lunch.

Article below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12181455/Desperate-Aston-Villa-preparing-to-axe-chief-executive-and-two-key-members-of-clubs-senior-staff.html

We go again.

If Hollis makes the right call and gets rid of the likes of Fox, Riley and Almstadt he is half way there. Maybe just maybe his brief is to make the right calls. Hollis has never suggested he is 'football man' but what he might be is someone who can make the dispassionate decisions. The real test will be who he brings in to replace them. We are very ready to have a go at Lerner with loads of justification but I am happy to wait and see what he actually does. I was initially critical of his appointment but thinking about it what have we got to lose?

• Like 1

I think it's a massive test for Hollis - don't sack fox just put him in a role that suits his CV, fox in my head is like Woodward at Utd, very good at what he does but being asked to do something different and been found wanting

Square pegs in round holes might actually be the summation of randys entire time here

I was thinking, the next manager we hire, we should double the salary we play, but there is no contract length.  No payoff if we let you go.  We will renegotiate next year.

Our outlay paying off long contracts of managers has been much higher than salary costs. Pay the higher amount up front if he's doing well and dump him without costing a fortune if he isn't producing.

Â