Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Nobody.

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Wonder if Hollis coming in means we will never see Adama Traore again. 10 appearances and we have to increase his wage from 40k/week to 75k/week.

Who the **** agreed that contract in the 1st place.

I think we've got bigger issues than Adama's wages 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm going to do the decent thing and allow you to work out for yourself why that's a really silly comment. 

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why my comment was so silly. Quite a few people have liked your post so I really would like to know. I'm being deadly serious here, no sarcasm at all. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course we do but I'm not really making that point. I'm just questioning, based on something I've read in numerous papers (and heard on a few radio stations), whether Hollis coming in will mean that we won't see Traore if it means activating a contract clause.

If the clause doesn't exist then fair enough but, unlike some on here, I don't have access to player contracts (or a copy of Football Manager) so can't give definitive answers on these things. Just a bit of harmless speculation.

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Of course we do but I'm not really making that point. I'm just questioning, based on something I've read in numerous papers (and heard on a few radio stations), whether Hollis coming in will mean that we won't see Traore if it means activating a contract clause.

If the clause doesn't exist then fair enough but, unlike some on here, I don't have access to player contracts (or a copy of Football Manager) so can't give definitive answers on these things. Just a bit of harmless speculation.

I have heard from a few people who have had a bit of insider knowledge about the club. I am very confident thia clause is absolute nonsense.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Traore had better be careful, if Hollis deems him surplus to requirements he could find himself in a skip round back of the club shop having petrol doused over him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I have heard from a few people who have had a bit of insider knowledge about the club. I am very confident thia clause is absolute nonsense.

Fair enough. I know zero people inside the club so just have to trust what I read. However, as a rule, I only tend to give credence to this sort of thing it if it's in multiple sources.

Fair enough mate. In my opinion as fans we should never give a shit what a player earns. it's irrelevant to us mere mortals. If westood is on £5 a week but Gabby is on 100k a week what difference is this going to make to our lives? They will both play for the club. So **** it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Traore had better be careful, if Hollis deems him surplus to requirements he could find himself in a skip round back of the club shop having petrol doused over him.

Whilst wearing a villa top to.

Hollis ain't no fool! 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough mate. In my opinion as fans we should never give a shit what a player earns. it's irrelevant to us mere mortals. If westood is on £5 a week but Gabby is on 100k a week what difference is this going to make to our lives? They will both play for the club. So **** it. 

I completely agree. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed that we don't just throw someone like Traore in at the deep end and see what he can do. If he's a success we can always sell him for a bit of a profit. :D. Can't be any worse than what is out there already.

I completely agree. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed that we don't just throw someone like Traore in at the deep end and see what he can do. If he's a success we can always sell him for a bit of a profit. :D. Can't be any worse than what is out there already.

I agree. I reckon if he didn't have a broken foot we prob would ;)

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Ha. Boy do I feel sheepish.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya.

As villa fans I think it's the only excuse we have left! The whole thing is a conspiracy!!!

and for those of you with an attention for detail yes I have written Villa in lowcase! They don't even deserve capital letters! 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

well he has been "injured" since Hollis arrived at the club :detect:

8 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Fair enough. I know zero people inside the club so just have to trust what I read. However, as a rule, I only tend to give credence to this sort of thing it if it's in multiple sources.

Tom Fox said it's absolute rubbish - there is a video of him saying it.

However.....with all that's happened recently do we believe him?

I can't believe there wasn't some money to at least pay the wages for a couple of loan players, this past window???? There must be a truckload of fringe players around Europe who need first team football to have a shot at going to the Euro's, who would have gladly joined us just so they can play.

2 minutes ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

I can't believe there wasn't some money to at least pay the wages for a couple of loan players, this past window???? There must be a truckload of fringe players around Europe who need first team football to have a shot at going to the Euro's, who would have gladly joined us just so they can play.

There was money. That wasn't the problem this time around. There might not have been much of it, but given our pursuit of Kalinic and a couple of others there was certainly some money available.

The failure this window was not having any backup options to come in if our first choices failed.

Â