Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I suppose I can see that Hollis and King have been here for so short a time that they haven't attracted much blame for the position we are in. (Although Hollis's clampdown on spending on transfers in January did condemn us to shameful relegation surrender without even giving it a fight.)

So people are maybe hanging on to the hope that they will save us the way drowning people will clutch onto the last couple of floating straws.

I don't think it will be too long before they are regarded with the same sort of despair as everyone else who has let the club down, from owner to players.

Hollis didn't join till mid January and we were due to bring players in right to the death, so out doesn't look like he 'clamped down on spending' at all.

there is more than one quote on this board about how hollis stopped some of the transfer due to the fees and the fact they didnt want to take the risk of spending cash and then being relegated

Edited by HAL

TBF it was obvious to anybody we were going down in Jan. Throwing money at the problem does not always work. Newcastle have done that and they may pay the price if as it looks like they go down with us. We need a fresh start and a new approach as the one we have is shocking.

I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with this chap's work so far. I was rather dubious when he was appointed and his little slip when he referred to "customers" but I like how is shaping the board at present.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, KHV said:

I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with this chap's work so far. I was rather dubious when he was appointed and his little slip when he referred to "customers" but I like how is shaping the board at present.

Its not gonna take a genius to shape up this board, half the fans can see the issues. He has done nothing to convince me he can turn us around.

He may know business, but its a little different running a football club.

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

Is General Krulack still on the board?

Screw being on the board.

We need a mutiny, Captain Lerner and Krulak should be forced to walk the plank as this ship is sinking.

King was a good appointment, Little even better, Bernstein again very good. Well played Hatchet Hollis and you were quite correct about the money issues too. But agreed, he should let his actions do the talking, never let him near the media ever again.

44 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Bit early for the champagne corks. Last time I checked we were still one of the worst teams in premier league history. 

Which has nothing at all to do with Hollis or the new board members

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Its not gonna take a genius to shape up this board, half the fans can see the issues. He has done nothing to convince me he can turn us around.

He may know business, but its a little different running a football club.

Which is why Bernstein and Little have been appointed no doubt

There is 2 ways Hollis can go.

1) Come in to completely sort this mess out once and for all so that we can come back up from where we will fall to.

or

2) cut costs, save money for a sale

Both potentially good things. It only depends on him achieving one or the other objective and how long he needs to do it.

If he fails either way, we are well and truly .......

There is 2 ways Hollis can go.

1) Come in to completely sort this mess out once and for all so that we can come back up from where we will fall to.

or

2) cut costs, save money for a sale

Both potentially good things. It only depends on him achieving one or the other objective and how long he needs to do it.

If he fails either way, we are well and truly .......

Hollis job as Chairman is to represent the shareholders interests ie. To make the club sellable for Lerner. To that end he'll "sort the club out" but I'm not that means entirely what you think it means

And Hollis and the new board members have done nothing so far. 

Apart from sacked one and appointed 3 others, yeah he's done nothing...

There's a lot that he'll have done that we won't have seen, lots of sponsorship deals and corporate deals that are all at risk from our impending doom, he'll need to secure them all or replace them, there won't be an announcement that crown paints have renewed their box for next season but that box is probably worth £50-100k a year and he's got to do that for hundreds of corporate partners

• Like 1

Obviously making moves, in theory I think the appointments are good, however regardless of the board they will still have to work within the very regressive parameters set out by Lerner, so on that basis I do not hold a great deal of hope.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, mwj said:

Hollis job as Chairman is to represent the shareholders interests ie. To make the club sellable for Lerner. To that end he'll "sort the club out" but I'm not that means entirely what you think it means

I'm aware of the responsibilities his position holds.

My point is more about what his definative plans for the club?

He is normally an Administrator, but we are not in Administration and RL is still plugging the gaps.

So what are his objectives?

To set up the club for short/long tern sale?

Asset strip till RL has maximized return on a lame duck, then take the hit by selling?

Initiate a set up to halt the slide, making the club (at a future point) an attractive aquisition for a buyer. Improving the club season on season till we are sold or back in the PL (RL no longer financing the losses)?

It's clear to all and sundry that we need a new Board/CEO/Chairman/Team staff & players. We also need a clearout of all that is rotten and cancerous.

But to which target?

I think the penny has finally dropped for RL, (very late imho) and he realises that something different has to be done to make the club better for him (thus the fans too).

It would be good to hear a 100% clear objective.

Everyone could then brace themselves for what is to come for next season. Accepting the last of the "downs" knowing that we are on the up again.

Whatever happens won't come overnight.

Â