Things To Be Positive About

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

If we somehow manage to stay up, we can really build a good side using our core of actually pretty good players like Ayew, Veretout, Amavi, Okore, Gana, Gil, Traore (most of whom are summer signings, so maybe The Committee™ wasn't all that bad).

I think the potential for these players is high but the balance in the summer was clearly wrong. These players weren't ready to come and hit the ground running in September and apart from Ayew, they're still not consistently performing at a high enough level in this league. 

I think in a few years we could have a really nice team, if Garde is manager we hope he is and we make some smart additions to the squad. 

• Like 2

I am delighted Kozac played and made a difference, i like Kozac and find it quite staggering that it's taken so long for him to get a chance. Garde has now said though it was a fitness issue so hopefully that will have done him the World of good to play..but a very positive impact he had on the attacking threat we posed.

I also think Lescott is coming good now too and we are just so more solid with him & Okore in the lineup. I like Richards and he has determination in bucket loads but we are sadly just so much more porous with him in the centre. The summer signings are finally finding their feet too especially Veretout, Gana, Ayew.

So to Leicester and a chance to put right the wrong which effectively started us off on the wrong foot this season when we threw it away at theirs....Win this and do you know what we have a slim chance of doing this!! Dependant on other results we could be just 5 points off safety with 16 games to go!... That with a couple of decent signings is doable, tough for sure but doable. Remember we still have to play Newcastle, Norwich, Bournemouth at home Yet.. so we can 100% reduce the 8 point deficit to 5 or less if we win those 3 and results go in our favour which n turn means a win against Leicester could potentially mean we could cut the deficit to 2 points!!

Effectively another couple of wins with the others losing and it's weirdly back in our own hands!

It's a tiny glimmer but their is hope and we could actually end the season as the team which pulled off the greatest escape ever!!

• Like 1

We are 7 points adrift with 17 games remaining, our task is not impossible it just looks impossible. If we play like we did yesterday against every team we face we have every chance to win as we played well yesterday. We have more than enough time to bed in a team with Kozak at the front spearheading our offense, the more he plays the more the rest of the team will understand his movements and we will start seeing progress. The future looks bleak and we may get relegated but I am sure the last two seasons the bottom placed club has been further adrift much later into the season and somehow survived.. 

• Like 2

If you want something to be positive about, how about this.

We beat Palace and then we drew with Leicester.Leicester are top of the league,so by definition every team we play from now on are worse than Leicester.So we should get a result every game. 

One of my favourite memories of relegation battles was West Brom staying up in 2005. They were bottom of the league at half time on the final day of the season! But they survived. And the winning goal came from a young lad on loan from Manchester United, called Keiran Richardson... 

I want to believe 

Edited by skarroki
Spelling

• 6 years later...