Things To Be Positive About

alreadyexists

34 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

And those 35 points should have been 34 if not for the goal line technology failure,

typical vile luck,

at least we will get promoted in proppa style with Wagner and Daly at first base 

holla  if you hear the Blues of Birmingham 

we’re coming for you Vile we’re coming for you

Mate…..

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

And those 35 points should have been 34 if not for the goal line technology failure,

typical vile luck,

at least we will get promoted in proppa style with Wagner and Daly at first base 

holla  if you hear the Blues of Birmingham 

we’re coming for you Vile we’re coming for you

Yeah man, if that goal had counted the rest of that game would have panned out exactly the way it did and so would the rest of the season! So so simplistic.

• Like 1

Yet another thing to be be positive about ...

We're not financially broken, and we seemingly have reasonable owners with big ambitions but also a long-view perspective --- and, we're not tied to an ethically repulsive state that crushes and murders dissenters.  Nassef Sawiris is a very clever man, too, it has to be said. So many clubs wish they had our owners. They will be able to see clearly as we work through this situation, and not be influenced by stupidity or ego.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

There is a lot to be positive about this club right now, the list is huge. 

Saying that, the last 5 days has left me feeling a bit numb. 

Buendia & Mings suffering terrible injuries, then that result, it just feels like we have no luck at all and we always take a step forward then 2 or 3 back. 

Hopefully we go out and roast Everton this weekend and it'll shake off this feeling. 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe we were abit harsh?! If fergies saying this then there is legs in it. The is one of the best ever

Fergie wrote a letter of recomendation for McLeish to Lerner. Think his marbles are going a little. Nah  in all seriousness Newcastle tore us a new one but inbetween that we were not awful at all. 16 shots and 47% possession says we werent awful in the game. Just awful in moments . 

• Thanks 1

Whilst I’m happy to say that Fergie’s brain cells have been destroyed by red wine, I do think he has a point. We weren’t terrible all over, and had Watkins, Diaby or Cash finished their chances it could have been different. The Mings injury threw us out big time, then it was a catalogue of errors at the back and not taking our chances that let the game fall away. There were some good moments for Villa, and there’s still more than enough credit in Emery’s bank to be confident he will find a solution and get us purring again. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Off topic and I dare say being frequently victorious over us didn’t exactly hurt, but I’ve had a lingering suspicion that Ferguson has a bit of a soft spot for us.

Definitely.  Have heard him say he thought we, and not Newcastle,  were the big threat for much of the 90s 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Off topic and I dare say being frequently victorious over us didn’t exactly hurt, but I’ve had a lingering suspicion that Ferguson has a bit of a soft spot for us.

PLUS he loves to wind up the Geordies! 😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He’s not wrong though. We fell apart in the second half but conceding crucial goals, Ty’s injury and missing key chances compounded a horrible day. I thought we were competitive otherwise despite the poor start in conceding so early. 

• Like 1

I said this earlier in this thread, but i am convinced we would have beaten either Liverpool or Chelsea if we had them first game, after watching their match.. We are definitely in the same conversation as the other teams vying for a top 6 finish.. I do not believe we have been fooled and actually we'd be lucky to get 10th based on the Newcastle result. 

29 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

I said this earlier in this thread, but i am convinced we would have beaten either Liverpool or Chelsea if we had them first game, after watching their match.. We are definitely in the same conversation as the other teams vying for a top 6 finish.. I do not believe we have been fooled and actually we'd be lucky to get 10th based on the Newcastle result. 

100% agree. One bad result won’t define our season. There’s so much to be excited for. 

7 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Definitely.  Have heard him say he thought we, and not Newcastle,  were the big threat for much of the 90s 

Yes, he has always had nice things to say about us. (I don't think that we played them off the park like he said, though.) It kind of makes you wonder if Villa were his English team when he was young.

I know that Villa had a lot of Scottish connections in the early years. Did we have support north of the border because of it?

• Like 1

I think we'd have beaten United if we'd had them opening day too. They looked terrible and got saved by the ropiest of VAR calls.

I've no doubt we'll see worse calls this season but they've set the bar fairly high with that one. A positive to come from it is that all the United supporting refs involved are dropped from duties this weekend.

Spoiler

I won't mention that their replacements suffer the same affliction so it makes feck all difference as that doesn't belong here.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1