Things To Be Positive About

alreadyexists

Just now, Condimentalist said:

We have a good squad (with a couple of holes).

We are well run overall.

We have an excellent academy with a great crop coming through. 

An expanded stadium is on the way.

The foundations are in place for progress.

We don't have a capable manager, but that is an easy fix relative to the other issues. 

Things have been a hell of a lot worse. 

Ran out of reactions, but pretty much this. Everything is great except for the on-pitch performances which is down to 1 guy (and his staff). Not the worst predicament in the world.

There's lots to be positive about, we're signing good players and building a good squad, and the team will likely be backed with further signings, the owners are suporting the team in that sense.

We now have one of the best academies in the country, we're probably approaching double figures in terms of players that at this stage could have a genuine chance of making it in the Premier League, and there are plenty more coming through in the lower age groups, last season we provided something like fifteen youth internationals for England.

The women's team is being backed as well, they've signed a bunch of midtable WSL level players, which doesn't sound exciting but they're replacing some of the championship standard players we had, on top of that they've also sign French internaitonal Kenza Dali and England International and European Championship winner Rachel Daly, i think we're the only WSL team outside of the top four with England internationals in our team, we've also taken people from relatively very good postions in the mens game to come in as coaches.

Big plans for Villa Park, the inner city academy, the whole 'V Sports' thing which I'm sure we will be hearing more about soon.

Gerrard will either improve or be replaced, as a consequence I'm still hopeful of a top half finish this year, which doesn't sound like an amazing positive in of itself, but it would be a step in the right direction for us having spent so many years outside of the top half.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Were higher in the league than Liverpool and Man Utd 

LOL I was about the post the same thing. Not to mention that we're only one point and one place behind Chelsea. If you had told me before the season that we'd be in that relative position after three matches, I'd have been thrilled. Who would have guessed that we'd be sandwiched between them...but in places 12 through 16.

30 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

If you’re not a season ticket holder then the difficulty in getting tickets means you don’t have to watch the ‘football’ every week. 

Saying that there are tickets available still for West Ham. Probably because it’s a bank holiday weekend and people are going away.