Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

42 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Bristol City signed kodjia for £2m one year ago, how can he now be worth £15m?

No thanks

Yes there needs to be a bit of balance here. Why are we incapable of picking these sorts of players up for £2m? I believe we already missed one this season with Che Adams, a player who will be in the Premier League in the not too distant future. 

Been busy this morning, so not fully up to speed with striker search...

Sounds like Hernandez currently 'off' due to wage demands, but is this definitive? Any chance of a reheat?

I see Kodija is close - was he plan B, or did we bid for both, meaning we want(ed) two strikers?

Thanks chaps! 

8 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I think it would be a major mistake not going for Ravel Morrison, he could really light up the team and create chances and space for other players.

I personally agree, get him on loan if he acts like a arse send him back. I am sure elphick and jedinak would take no crap either

• Like 1

I don't mind Kodjia. Certainly looks like a player we could do with but I would rather sign Hernandez. Kodjia by all accounts was way down our list of preferred strikers. However from watching clips of him he looks a good finisher.

2 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I don't mind Kodjia. Certainly looks like a player we could do with but I would rather sign Hernandez. Kodjia by all accounts was way down our list of preferred strikers. However from watching clips of him he looks a good finisher.

Which accounts?

We were heavily linked with him alongside Hernandez earlier in the summer. I believe he is second choice?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes there needs to be a bit of balance here. Why are we incapable of picking these sorts of players up for £2m? I believe we already missed one this season with Che Adams, a player who will be in the Premier League in the not too distant future. 

Finding bargains takes time, we've had part of a close season to source and get the players we need and didn't exactly have a thorough scouting system previous to the takeover.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I can just imagine what people would be saying if we signed a player from the French Second Division to lead our front line and Newcastle spent £15m or whatever on a guy who scored 20 goals in this division last year.  If he scores more than 15 goals this season and we get promoted (or even if we get promoted due to his goals next season) then he will be value for money due to the obscene amount of money available in the Premiership.

Just now, omariqy said:

Was he a way down our list of preferred strikers?  Even if he was doesn't that just show that we had some pretty special targets on the list (relative to our position).  If he was a long way down a list that was mainly made up of League One players (which seemed to be our approach not many seasons ago) I'd be more worried that him being a way down a list of strikers who are probably first choice at Premier League clubs and / or clubs aiming for promotion to the PL...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I can just imagine what people would be saying if we signed a player from the French Second Division to lead our front line and Newcastle spent £15m or whatever on a guy who scored 20 goals in this division last year.  If he scores more than 15 goals this season and we get promoted (or even if we get promoted due to his goals next season) then he will be value for money due to the obscene amount of money available in the Premiership.

Was he a way down our list of preferred strikers?  Even if he was doesn't that just show that we had some pretty special targets on the list (relative to our position).  If he was a long way down a list that was mainly made up of League One players (which seemed to be our approach not many seasons ago) I'd be more worried that him being a way down a list of strikers who are probably first choice at Premier League clubs and / or clubs aiming for promotion to the PL...

Agree. He's a good player at this level.

• Like 2

Probably better for my sanity if I check the news on Thursday to see what happened :)  I expect business will be done, but the amount of refreshing that'll be done between now and Wednesday night will leave many's a frustrated fan.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think this is a terrible idea.

For the last 6 years half of VT have been battling with how to spell Clark!

The ink on my printer went.... half way through typing his name:)