Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Yes it's finite but don't you think the owner knows that and knows how much he is willing to spend?  We as fans should not care.  He will spend what he sees fit.  If he spends a sillly amount it's because he knows he can, and he knows he still has enough left over.  I'm with @terrytini on this as I never understand fans caring about the fee when all that matters is what ends up on the pitch.

Or we are racking up debt like there is no tomorrow - in the hope of covering it with premiership TV money

The question is not the value of the player himself, it's the value of the player's potential impact to the club. 

If Kodija scores 20 goals and we get promoted, he is worth twice that value. The economics are simple, we have to get promoted this season. Next season there will be 3 other teams relegated with deep pockets. 

On 28/08/2016 at 08:22, useless said:

We fail with a £14m move for Hernandez and then suddenly Bristol City receive a £14m offer for Kodija. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a link there and Kodija, is the player we announce later today.

Good signing.

10 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Great news - was looking touch and go for a while!!

The Dr doesn't sound too convinced with the "I think it's the best choice for us" comment. Clearly meant to say "He is not our first choice and not in the world class bracket but we hope he will do well for us". 

I just hope the media don't take the piss too much out of Dr Xia for that. Then again, if they do and Kodjia doesn't do too great, maybe next time the good Doctor will break the bank and stick by his words! ;) 

4 hours ago, useless said:

I'm only going by highlight videos but Kodjia genuinely looks like a better all round player than Hernandez.

Agree. People saying that the fee for Kodjia is ridiculous, but his goal scoring records at championship level is similar to Hernandez, and he season before last Hernandez looked way out of his depth in PL.