Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Wouldn't be surprised if that is our lot after reading Dr. Tony's last tweet. Fair play to him either way he has put his money where his mouth is. But I will be slightly disappointed if we don't get a creative midfielder. 

We still need 2, 3 , 4 players, they don't need to be great, but we still have very little attacking options off the bench, and are still light in midfield.

Hopefully that's what Tony meant when he said they were still working.

At present the bench looks something like Bacuna, Baker, Ciss, Westwood, Gardner, and Rudy.  It's ok, but I don't like that with 41 games to go !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

could do without the abuse either way to be honest but hey ho , knock yourself out

Don't see any abuse in what I've said! If anything you were having a snipe at Villa Southerner. I was just remarking that it's pretty obvious that we'll be linked with players in the last 30 hours of the window, given how anxious Dr X and RDM have been to add to the squad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, limvillian said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that is our lot after reading Dr. Tony's last tweet. Fair play to him either way he has put his money where his mouth is. But I will be slightly disappointed if we don't get a creative midfielder. 

I can't bring myself to be disappointed. Even post takeover, I couldn't have expected us to sign 8 players of the potential we have and for £50m spent. I'm absolutely over the moon, whether we are done or not. 

Obviously I hope we are not.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I can't bring myself to be disappointed. Even post takeover, I couldn't have expected us to sign 8 players of the potential we have and for £50m spent. I'm absolutely over the moon, whether we are done or not. 

Obviously I hope we are not.

Yea I agree with you . I'm just being a bit greedy I guess. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Don't see any abuse in what I've said! If anything you were having a snipe at Villa Southerner. I was just remarking that it's pretty obvious that we'll be linked with players in the last 30 hours of the window, given how anxious Dr X and RDM have been to add to the squad.

I didnt say linked though I said " but I am firmly believing that strong details of another potential signing Will be coming out later today ".  No doubt there will be people saying that is too vague but hey ho,  there are also people speculating that's it for us so you take your pick.  As to having a go at another poster,  not sure where saying someone had the cajones to come out and name a player is having a go,  but I guess we all read things into posts that we want dont we

Morrison thread locked again ? Last time I checked, loads of bets were being put on him coming to us.

Has there been more news - to the contrary ?

It's been a good summer.

We should have signed another winger and a Goalkeeper but you can't have everything. 
I'm afraid until the goalkeeping errors are eliminated, it doesn't matter how many strikers you have, you won't win enough games.

We've done enough to stay up and consolidate, hopefully we can kick on next year. I can't see us getting promoted this season unfortunately. 

Just now, Mantis said:

We really should be looking at getting a CB in on loan.

I would like IN

Goalie - Loan

CB - Loan

AM / Winger - Perm

Out any from

Agbonlahor

Richards

Bunn

Steer

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's been a good summer.

We should have signed another winger and a Goalkeeper but you can't have everything. 
I'm afraid until the goalkeeping errors are eliminated, it doesn't matter how many strikers you have, you won't win enough games.

We've done enough to stay up and consolidate, hopefully we can kick on next year. I can't see us getting promoted this season unfortunately. 

Window closed has it?

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

I didnt say linked though I said " but I am firmly believing that strong details of another potential signing Will be coming out later today ".  No doubt there will be people saying that is too vague but hey ho,  there are also people speculating that's it for us so you take your pick.  As to having a go at another poster,  not sure where saying someone had the cajones to come out and name a player is having a go,  but I guess we all read things into posts that we want dont we

Equally I'm not sure that my pointing out of the fact that us signing another player would not be surprising would qualify as abuse. 

Anyhow, back on topic, credit to Tony for backing up his words and giving the squad a badly-needed upgrade. Still hoping for a GK/CM/AM but even if our business is done I'm a happy Villan.