Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Wonder if Adama will leave before the close of the window now that we are signing Adomah. I'd say don't let the door hit you on the way out but it would probably break a bone in his glass body.

Still think we need an ACM. Would love a loan move for Luis Alberto.

Edited by jacketspuds

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We fail with a £14m move for Hernandez and then suddenly Bristol City receive a £14m offer for Kodija. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a link there and Kodija, is the player we announce later today.

Kodija looks like a good player. 

16 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

He looks ideal in my opinon, a proper right winger who can beat a man, cross a ball and look to cut inside and have a go.

Get him signed and then we can work on the ST, AM and another CM!

He doesn't seen short on confidence does he! 

Edited by Genie

39 minutes ago, useless said:

We fail with a £14m move for Hernandez and then suddenly Bristol City receive a £14m offer for Kodija. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a link there and Kodija, is the player we announce later today.

Hope not he was shit when I saw him first hand 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Player identified as someone we want. We're prepared to pay big money to make that happen. I'm thrilled that's our new attitude. 

I agree, I know things don't exactly seem rosy at the moment, but think we're we'd be if Lerner was still here. Bidding £500k for someone like Tonev or giving N'Zogbia another 5 years (I know they didn't play as strikers, but just an example of dross).

Doesn't sound like this one panned out, Hernandez looked good but there are other players. If they won't sell for £14(20)m then there's not much more we can do. On to the next one/two.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Player identified as someone we want. We're prepared to pay big money to make that happen. I'm thrilled that's our new attitude. 

I'm not - we'd continually get ripped off everywhere if we paid £20m for Hernandez.

I still want a well-run club, despite new found wealth. 

• Like 1

Not sure of the original source of these stats...

Albert Adomah Stats:

Barnet 07/08 League Two Appearances: 22 Goals 5 Assists 1
Barnet 08/09 League Two Appearances: 45 Goals 9 Assists 9
Barnet 09/10 League Two Appearances: 45 Goals 5 Assists 5
Bristol 10/11 Championship Appearances 45 Goals 5 Assists 10
Bristol 11/12 Championship Appearances 45 Goals 5 Assists 8
Bristol 12/13 Championship Appearances 40 Goals 7 Assists 10
M'bro 13/14 Championship Appearances 42 Goals 12 Assists 6
M'bro 14/15 Championship Appearances 43 Goals 5 Assists 3
M'bro 15/16 Championship Appearances 43 Goals 6 Assists 6

But they were posted on oneboro.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm not - we'd continually get ripped off everywhere if we paid £20m for Hernandez.

That's because you don't rate Hernandez. I don't see that it will mean we get ripped off everywhere. I think that is a well run club. We have the funds and we're going all out to bring in number 1 targets 

That's what well run clubs do. Now if we didn't have the funds then questions might need to be asked but we do. So IMO it's what we should be doing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Would you rather it be 'well run' in your eyes but in this league, or spend more on transfers and be in the PL? There are a lot of other factors to running a club well than transfer fees, it's obviously a major expense though. The club personnel has changed so much and I'm pleased with a lot of that, it seems to be getting more and more well run, gambling a few extra millions on a good player wouldn't make us badly run. Starving the team of investment, selling our best players, giving out stupid contracts to idiots, and casually running the club in to ground and relegation, now that's running the club poorly. 

Ah well, maybe our definitions are different, I'm sure we both hope that this current project is a huge success :)