Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

37 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Okore is being discussed in his thread, can we keep this on incoming links please.

Trent, with him leaving, do you see us being interested in loaning a center back for additional depth?

Goalkeeper is a must and so is an out and out goalscorer

Too many times have i seen in the second half this season teams just come out in the second half and attack us

We should be pinning them in by exerting our own pressure up top

One of the reasons you play a striker is to not allow teams to sit on their half way line and dictate things because your carrying a threat of your own which will not allow that

if your playing a striker keep him up top ffs it's cost us so many points this season and i'm sick and tired of seeing some of our strikers doing rediculous defensive duties and tracking back all the time 

Edited by AshVilla

4 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Trent, with him leaving, do you see us being interested in loaning a center back for additional depth?

I don't have any knowledge of us being after one if that is what you mean.

I agree though with the players that have gone we look a little light there.

6 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't have any knowledge of us being after one if that is what you mean.

I agree though with the players that have gone we look a little light there.

To me it looks like Richards will be our 4th choice CB.

Just now, Genie said:

I also thought Ross was the man we were desperate for to stick the ball in the net. What has changed?

He does do that but he plays the number 10 role for that. He doesn't play the furthest up top. 

ASTON VILLA are offering a huge Championship-record £20million for Hull striker Abel Hernandez.

Villa’s new Chinese rulers want the Uruguayan hitman, 26, and tabled a massive package to tempt the Tigers.

The bid is £14m up front with £3m on Villa achievements and £3m for goals and appearances.

More surprising is Hull have not snapped their hands off — though they are preparing to spend, which does point to a sale

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/1684893/aston-villa-line-up-20m-championship-record-bid-for-hulls-abel-hernandez-to-save-their-season/

from Alan Nixon

Wow ! If true 

I can't help but think though that this seemingly self imposed caveat of having lower league experience is rather an hinderance, surely for that sort of money we could aim a lil higher. But **** it it's not my money and I want to be out of this league ASAP. If he gets us there the money spent doesn't matter. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pilchard said:

Adomah was linked with us when Riley was doing the shopping.

Any player he might want I don't want anywhere near the club. It would also be slightly worrying that perhaps in desperation we may have turned to his little black book.

Seems like you're just throwing the baby out with the bathwater there. I don't know much about Adomah but the fact that Riley apparently scouted him shouldn't even be relevant.