Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Valencia could end up being a decent signing, I just don't know if he is clinical enough but I think he's been played out wide most of the time at West Ham. Maybe he'd relish a run of games as a centre forward but I don't know if he is clinical enough. I remember his debut goal for West Ham, it was quite a stunner!

We desperately need a clinical, ruthless finisher who is focused on scoring goals but also has decent technique - something we don't have at the moment. Hernandez would be good too (the preferable option for sure based on his recent record).

I have no idea what Dr. T means by world class so won't be too focused on that, a big surprise signing would be great though!

Not keen on Rhodes, not sure if he would contribute enough and I don't think he has the necessary attributes. Hernandez would be fine but hopefully there are some quality players lined up that we haven't thought of or discussed yet.

If Okore leaves, I think Richards will be staying as I can remember reading something regarding him being a part of RDM's plans. If he could give up on trying to be a CB and focus on being a RB he could offer something. I don't think he can defend really, his positional sense is a joke and maybe he's just bulked up too much and lost any pace he may have had. As long as we get rid of Lescott, Hutton & Gabby...

Ignore the above post couldn't delete it or add text. Strange. Anyways the point I was going to make was a front line of Ayew McCormack Valencia & Hernandez wouldn't look out of place in the Prem. Supported by Grealish Alberto or Morrison. Then Tish & Westwood & jedinak behind. It's gunna take $$$ and time but hopefully we will get there sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not keen on Rhodes, not sure if he would contribute enough and I don't think he has the necessary attributes. Hernandez would be fine but hopefully there are some quality players lined up that we haven't thought of or discussed yet.

If Okore leaves, I think Richards will be staying as I can remember reading something regarding him being a part of RDM's plans. If he could give up on trying to be a CB and focus on being a RB he could offer something. I don't think he can defend really, his positional sense is a joke and maybe he's just bulked up too much and lost any pace he may have had. As long as we get rid of Lescott, Hutton & Gabby...

It was confirmed this afternoon on official site that okore transfer has been completed .

• Like 1

Goalie maybe on loan to enable Gollini to mature and not be another youngster we destroy . Is hart too ambitious?

midfield wide threat required, not keen on the latest player linked but if he's the managers choice then it's his job not mine

new striker definitely required to ensure the 1 nils go to 2 and 3 so the other teams have more to do and get stretched.

mostly we need to be playing first choice players and giving them more game time to understand each other and the manager. I've seen posts saying we need to get another 5, 6 or 7 and for me that is not the answer. We have then majority of players we need maybe 3 or at a push 4 . What we need is time to develop.

--------------------goalie

de laet--------elf------------Chester---------amavi

-----------Jedi -----------------tshibola 

new winger---------McCormack -----------grealish

----------------------striker

bench ---Gollini , Westwood,. Ayew,. Bacuna,. Baker, green 

• Like 1

Adomah would be excellent...I actually thought in the prem he could have a Bolaise style impact but seems Karanka dosen't rate him at that level. Would be very happy with that move.

If Derby are signing all these strikers....then I wouldn't be against making a move for Chris Martin. Cue much wrist slashing on here (not just thinking he's the Coldplay singer!) but the bloke has a very good record at this level (regularly gets 15-20) and he's good linking up with pace.

Probably wouldn't even cost that much.

Adomah was linked with us when Riley was doing the shopping.

Any player he might want I don't want anywhere near the club. It would also be slightly worrying that perhaps in desperation we may have turned to his little black book.

• Like 3

If we make just one more signing in this window, it HAS to be a proper goalkeeper. I've seen some crazy suggestions, like Hart and Begovic, but nobody of that stature would even look at us whilst we are a point above the Championship relegation zone. Whoever we do bring in, it can't be hard to be better than the incumbent.