Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Even if it is that, its 14m with add ons based on Villa acheivements, which I presume is promotion. No one would give a crap if that add on ended up being triggered. It makes for a good headline but there's an ocean of difference between 20m and 14m plus add ons that total 20 with all fulfilled.

• Like 1

Same with bent. I believe we paid £19mill for him in total but the press always liked to say £24mill. Anyways I hope he does cost us £20mill as that would mean goals, promotion, trophies. 

Edited by thabucks
Getting my o's & i's mixed up

36 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Wow ! If true 

I can't help but think though that this hseemingly self imposed caveat of having lower league experience is rather an hinderance, surely for that sort of money we could aim a lil higher. But **** it it's not my money and I want to be out of this league ASAP. If he gets us there the money spent doesn't matter. 

Agree with you totally and have intimated as such in the past. Would prefer us to buy players who are more than good enough for this level with the potential to boss in Premier League also. However i have come to realise in this regard it definitely (i hope) is not for lack of trying. Unfortunately being in the Championship added to the manner of our demise, as well as the black cloud which has hovered over our club for way too long renders top talents apprehensive. If we are honest with ourselves we will realise VP has become a graveyard for many a talented player and manager in recent years. :(

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I am a big fan of this player, i really hope he joins.

He is exactly what we need on the wings. He can cross, skilful, quick and knows where the goal is. He would offer a lot more than Ayew..

I like this. Will it mean Ayew to leave?

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Abel Hernandez for £20m. What a **** joke. 

It is a bit much (although as usual it's actually £14m with the potential to rise further) but in today's market I've seen worse.

I like Hernandez but if we're prepared to spend that much there are probably better people out there.

I wish he never said other option..

What if that player decides not to come to us because he was not our preferred choice?

/

It would be nice for us to sign another central midfielder, someone that could carry the ball up the field. Our midfield has not been the same since Snake left. 

He covered so much ground and was very industrious alongside Cleverley. 

• Like 1