Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

How is he injury plagued? 

He (Tishbola) missed most of last season through injury, and has missed the start of this season for the same reason.

Not claiming he'll continue to stay injured, but he has been plagued by injuries, will need time before he is up to full speed.

I'd get Robson Kanu in on a free to bolster the forward line a bit. 

Not a top class signing by any means, but Championship experience and better than the options we currently have on the bench. 

• Like 4

Well one positive...

If we were preparing to spend 20m on a striker while we're a championship club...how much will we be signing players for when we finally get back to the premier league...40m, 50m?

Be interesting...let's hope we get up before too long.

55 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I'd get Robson Kanu in on a free to bolster the forward line a bit. 

Not a top class signing by any means, but Championship experience and better than the options we currently have on the bench. 

We need someone with a better record IMO. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/35371/History/Hal-Robson-Kanu

• Like 1

Just now, Chap of Steel said:

We need someone with a better record IMO. 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/35371/History/Hal-Robson-Kanu

I'd just have him as a squad member on a free, not a main signing. 

I agree about his record, but as a squad member I think he could be quite effective. At the moment we have nothing on the bench. Get a quality number 9 and AM/wide man, with this guy as back up. 

Another 'man' with good experience in the squad too. 

Just now, westholmevillan said:

Arouna Kone on loan from Everton, Adomah, Hernandez and Morrison and we're good to go.

Adomah, Morrison, Wells and Rhodes for me. Get rid of Ayew

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Adomah, Morrison, Wells and Rhodes for me. Get rid of Ayew

Agree, get rid of Ayew, not a 'team player' IMO and looks like he wants to move on!  Right now, I'd swap him for Valencia leaving us the same amount of cash to buy the others we need!

• Like 1

Adomah is rapid and will offer us something different.

I'm in two minds on Ayew. He's clearly one of, if not, our most talented player but he also frustrates and is too **** greedy. All he had to do was square it to Ross the Boss and the game was won yesterday.

By the way, we could sign all the strikers in the world but it won't matter if we have that plonker in between the sticks.

• Like 2

Anyone else think it seems like a few players don't want to give it to McCormack, I thought I was imagining it at home to Huddersfield and Rotherham, but yesterday (only saw like 2 min of highlights tbf) it seemed the same. Anyone else noticed or am I seeing something that's not there? He seems to be in great positions often begging for the ball but the players pass sideways or to someone in a worse position? 

Edit: sorry wrong thread, I'll take it to the RMC thread. 

Edited by alreadyexists

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

20m for Hernandez is bonkers.  Hull rejecting 20m for Hernandez is crazy. 

Shame we have to move onto target 2.  Let's hope it's a player of the same calibre,  otherwise Tony's world class comment is going to make him look like a bit of a tit.  

Why are we / would we spend so much on him?  20 goals last year in the championship but what else?  Didn't Gestade get more than that?  If he had scored 20 goals for last 3 seasons I could understand such a price tag but seems nuts for someone who could well be a 1 season wonder.