Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Not too comfortable with our chairman getting involved in who we sign. I know it's his money but we pay people to make those decisions.

Sort of agree with this but he could just be echoing decisions which have already been made by the staff.

• Like 1

Beginning to wonder.. does it even matter who we sign? They just get sucked into the hole that is Aston Villa. 

That loss has sucked any positivity i had left. Whoever was in that team from last year should just go. Its sucking out the energy from the new guys. Westwood Ayew Grealish etc. Its like they just switch off after we concede. Then our team just carries one too many passengers. We need 4-5 new players IMO. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Looks like Hernandez and Valencia are no goes then. Wonder who the other option is. 

If we get back up it seems the Doc will back us!

It'll be one of the two Derby are after I should think

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

Not too comfortable with our chairman getting involved in who we sign. I know it's his money but we pay people to make those decisions.

I think too much is placed on this, I doubt he makes the call by himself..it's just how he communicates it to us.

I'm sure he goes along with advisors and after a few games watching, the advice was "nah"

22 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Looks like Hernandez and Valencia are no goes then. Wonder who the other option is. 

If we get back up it seems the Doc will back us!

Hoping Rhodes will be the finisher we need - we need another couple in at least - bit short is defense if Richards and lescott go having let okore leave . 

Definately attacking midfielder is a must too.

6 hours ago, omariqy said:

To be fair - that person making those decisions is Reilly.

We fail with a £14m move for Hernandez and then suddenly Bristol City receive a £14m offer for Kodija. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a link there and Kodija, is the player we announce later today.

• Like 1