Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Kodjia to be signed after the match Saturday? I'm sure clubs have finslised deals at games before (I have no idea who, but it must've happened).

We signed Ashley Young a day or two after we played Watford. 

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Kodjia to be signed after the match Saturday? I'm sure clubs have finslised deals at games before (I have no idea who, but it must've happened).

Yes if I remember we signed Andy Gray from Hull after we played them at Villa Park and beat them well. Saw Villa players putting arms around him after the game and the next day he was a villa player. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

Yes if I remember we signed Andy Gray from Hull after we played them at Villa Park and beat them well. Saw Villa players putting arms around him after the game and the next day he was a villa player. 

57 minutes ago, nazvfc said:

Didn't we sign him from palace . Are you thinking of someone else ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, useless said:

His tweets from last night/this morning pretty much confirm that we won't be signing Valencia unless I'm reading them wrong.

I have to be honest, I often struggle with Tony's tweets as they are usually so short.  It is not until someone posts an explanation on here that I form an opinion on what he's saying.

What I do know is that if we are seriously in for a player with 1 week of the window remaining, we are not going to pull out because a few fans have tweeted their disapproval.  I think Tony was being polite (and rightly so) by stating that fans views are important.  Fans views are always important but team matters should always be left to RDM to have the final say.

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

Didn't we sign him from palace . Are you thinking of someone else ?

We signed Stuart Gray from Barnsley at around the same time. A mix up between Grays and grim northern towns / cities perhaps?

Although one Gray was white and the other was black. 

Hopefully that clears up any confusion.

• Like 1

I don't think that we've truly pulled out of the Valencia deal because of fans. The scouting team probably came to that decision by themselves, and with people tweeting Dr Xia, asking that we don't sign him, it's a good opportunity to make them feel like they're involved with the decision somehow. We might not have even been that interested in him to begin with. Also it might mean progress has been made with Hernandez (if we're actually after him).

I think it is pretty clear that both Xia and RDM have a plan and are fully aware of what they want. I suspect that @useless is correct in that it is a cheap way of making the fans feel involved.

The two of them will know who they want and will go after them - some of them will not go through, either because the player asks too much, or doesn't want to come or because after meeting them our management decide that they will not fit with the ethos or team.

Suffice to say that I am confident that AVFC have a plan, and have a list of 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice players that they want.

So far, our dealings have been excellent. We are building a team of proven players at this level with good attitudes who will fight for the club. These players will be promoted, and we will then be in a position to augment for premier league survival/progress.

Far far better than last season when we just seemed to purchase a collection of hopeful speculative purchases who had never played at that level.

• Like 1

09:51  On Maguire and Hernandez

"Nothing has happened in those areas and I don't expect anything to happen"

He does not expect Harry Maguire or Abel Hernandez to leave City during the transfer window

Link

Press conference with Phelan @ Hull. You would suspect they will not let him go until they have secured a number of transfers, might go down to the wire if at all.

We desperately need another striker, I'm not convinced Ayew/Mccormack will score enough to get us up. Unlike the majority of fans I have been largely unconvinced by them togwther especially Ayew who I think has been crap so far.