Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

33 minutes ago, villaglint said:

On the AM I don't think we've had a single name (other than Ravel Morrison which has been debunked) linked or connected to us via the rumour mill. 

Can someone make one up so we have something to talk about? 

Yes, my sister's friend's cat-sitter's budgerigar was flying around in Aston and it heard two blokes in the pub talking and one of them said that his mate's cousin's friend's horse has heard on the grapevine that James Milner is coming back to the Villa #truefact

* I have no idea how to spell budgerigar 
** This rumour may be entirely fabricated

Edited by TheStagMan

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

I don't understand the clamour for spending big on those players.  It's classic "we're linked with them, so they're great".

I'm fairly confident barely anyone (if, indeed, anyone) on this forum watched much (if any) of Jonathan Kodjia's first and only season in English football and have no idea what type of striker he is - bar watching obligatory YouTube highlight videos.  What makes him so great?

(This isn't aimed at you Gary, but you mentioned them :D)

I think some might - the only reason i knew of him was i started watching the championship version of matchoftheday when we nearly went down and carried on so i would know a bit about the opposition if we did ever go down ( :( ) 

He featured quite heavily on that programme last season! 

Its true what you say though ots very easy to convince ourselves of who will be pur next saviour

Stefan Johansen of Celtic (captain last year - SPL player of the year) is reportedly going to Fulham? He'd do well in our midfield. Also Norwegian captain afaik. No idea why he's going to Fulham, but I think Rodgers has frozen him out.

Just now, magnkarl said:

Stefan Johansen of Celtic (captain last year - SPL player of the year) is reportedly going to Fulham? He'd do well in our midfield. Also Norwegian captain afaik. No idea why he's going to Fulham, but I think Rodgers has frozen him out.

We have some good beards, we just need a Viking and we'll have the hardest team in the league.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jedinak says hello.

I think this is a different situation. Reports suggest hull are bringing in replacements. If they have deals lined up based on the money we are giving them I don't see them risking that by playing Hernandez. 

• Like 1