Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, 1958Villan said:

Why would you think that Ritchie k?

Couldn't be because I voice an opinion that differs from the majority could it?

i never said that. but what you did say is why put amavi as a starting left back? cos he has limitations in defending. cissokho certainly isnt much better as he has as many mistakes as him.

so we play with no left back??

32 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I concur and i consider myself on expert on this particular topic as both my girlfriend and my eldest daughter are regular users of R.B.F

His in game grimaces are reminiscent of Reo Coker's.

I personally believe it to be more than just R.B.F with Ayew unfortunately. 

18 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

This is an internet forum.

Not an ideal place if you struggle accepting differing opinions.

Michael.  Richard was originally wondering, albeit slightly tongue in cheek, what your opinion of Jordan Rhodes is.  That's all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richie k said:

i never said that. but what you did say is why put amavi as a starting left back? cos he has limitations in defending. cissokho certainly isnt much better as he has as many mistakes as him.

so we play with no left back??

Cissokho does have an error in him, as does every player but, he does at least know what a left back's primary job is, while Amavi on the other hand, seems to believe that his primary job is to attack. That and that alone makes Amavi a non-starter for me. Late on in a game we were chasing, I'd use him as a sub.

With two wing-backs bombing on upfield, we'd need to play two DM's to cover their absence or, a three-man back line with a DM. 

Edited by 1958Villan

5 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Cissokho does have an error in him, as does every player but, he does at least know what a left back's primary job is, while Amavi on the other hand, seems to believe that his primary job is to attack. That and that alone makes Amavi a non-starter for me. Late on in a game we were chasing I'd use him as a sub.

Amavi is a much better defender than you give him credit for. His record in France is testament to this.

His defending will be all the better for having 2 solid central defenders alongside him. 

• Like 1