Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

13 minutes ago, BOF said:

Michael.  Richard was originally wondering, albeit slightly tongue in cheek, what your opinion of Jordan Rhodes is.  That's all.

I'm not sure about that. I took it as sarcasm and thought that was confirmed by those who 'liked' the post and the follow up post. 

I stand to be corrected...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I'm not sure about that. I took it as sarcasm and thought that was confirmed by those who 'liked' the post and the follow up post. 

I stand to be corrected...

It was absolutely sarcastic - don't worry.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Amavi is a much better defender than you give him credit for. His record in France is testament to this.

His defending will be all the better for having 2 solid central defenders alongside him. 

I didn't see his defending ability in France, so excuse me if I only judge on the relatively little I've seen of him in England.

I wouldn't be putting too much reliance on records from France if I were you, not after last season's showing by our imports.  

51 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

This is an internet forum.

Not an ideal place if you struggle accepting differing opinions.

I disagree. I think it's a brilliant place if you struggle accepting differing opinions!

Rhodes would be a good signing if we signed another striker too,

He would guarantee us 10 goals at the very least for us,

If you look at Middlesbrough they had 6 strikers, they had many alternatives.

They had;

• Fabbrini 
  • Rhodes
  • Nugent
  • Kike
  • Sola
  • Stuani

How may active senior strikers do we have?

• Ayew
  • McCormack
  • Gestede
  • Kozak
  • Agbonlahor
  • RHM (Needs to go on loan for experience) 

Get him on loan and Hernandez and were set for goals up front. We cannot afford to have out of form strikers without an alternative.

Edited by Reivax_Villa

33 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Amavi is a much better defender than you give him credit for. His record in France is testament to this.

His defending will be all the better for having 2 solid central defenders alongside him. 

Whilst I agree I also think he needs bringing back properly from his injury and he's not ready yet,meh also needs a lot more football, for me personally at the moment  I think left wing as a sub is probably his role for at least another month 

I would still like RDM to pull some strings at Chelsea and get perhaps Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek or Solanke on loan until January.  If it then suited both parties, extend the loan.  Surely one of these would be useful to us? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marley the Bognor Villan said:

New to twitter so not sure how to copy someones comment onto here but basically someone has just said 5 more years until we see villa in champions league. Dr Tony said 'no, we dont need that many years!'

Just paste the link here and it will automagicly put the tweet

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I would still like RDM to pull some strings at Chelsea and get perhaps Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek or Solanke on loan until January.  If it then suited both parties, extend the loan.  Surely one of these would be useful to us? 

Could he ask about Bamford once again whilst he's at it please?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Could he ask about Bamford once again whilst he's at it please?

I forgot about Bamford!  In fact, could we borrow anyone from Chelsea?  Bound to be useful whoever we'd get. 

Edited by ferguson1

7 hours ago, Warnock said:

Judging by Ayew's body language the first few games he doesn't look interested. Hopefully he sticks around but I wouldn't lose sleep if he wanted to go. Get a natural right winger out there who wants to play for us.

I don't know what you are expecting. He gives as much as any of the others and then some.

• Like 4