Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, Butterfingers said:

Villa fans discussing  a potential signing after the owner raises their hopes by using the term "world class".  Absolutely shocking behaviour-What is the world coming to?

How dare they speculate.

In a speculation thread of all places!  Outrageous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Butterfingers said:

Villa fans discussing  a potential signing after the owner raises their hopes by using the term "world class".  Absolutely shocking behaviour-What is the world coming to?

How dare they speculate.

In a speculation thread no less!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KSV said:

Problem is though... Ayew McCormack Gestede Grealish.. should be better than our current 4 goals in 4 games. We just dont seem to be creating chances at the moment. McCormack hasnt had too many.. We need a creative link in midfield. 

Having a more mobile CF than Gestede will on its own create more space for the others to play. This will help them create more chances We aren't taking enough of those chances but as for creating them have you watched us recently? We always look like scoring and are getting better at creating. Hopefully we keep adding to the squad. I'd want a wide creative player and a CF to replace Gestede. The best thing is RDM seems to know what we need and I think we'll get them in. 

Just now, useless said:

After all the doubting, I'd laugh if it was someone genuinely world class now. Hope it's Martinez (although I've never seen him play).

Was just thinking this myself, I think anything the good doctor tweets can be taken with a huge pinch of five spice in reality, a lot of his interactions get lost in translation. A few people (not just on VT) need to realise this and not take everything quoted as gospel.....

...... (It's going to be Ronaldo isn't it?!) :ph34r:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Not for me? :D

You have to be joking right? Not that it would be Martinez, but IF it was then you'd say no? Nah, not having that at all.

We are in the Championship and have literally just had a donkey up front for 70 minutes against Derby, but you'd say no to a player that's scored over 100 goals (at a higher level) in the last 4 or 5 years and was considered to be worth roughly £30 million by one of the best teams in the world just last summer.

Hilarious.

Yes, not for me. That's why I said it.

We are trying to rid the team of players with poor attitudes. 

You watch a lot of Jackson Martinez? I watched him for half a season at Atletico and he got shipped out in January. 

Just because a player has a good reputation doesn't mean he is a good fit for every team. 

2 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Speculation = Man City's Wilfried Bony. 

I saw somebody say that they wouldn't have him a few pages ago. I feel like you'd have to be a special kind of wonky in the brain to not want Bony here.

It's not even remotely realistic of course. 

• Like 2

Did I mention Klose already? 

The 38-year old German international ruled out a return to Bundesliga in Germany next year. He is coming off of a season in Italy in which he scored eight goals in 30 league games. He insisted after this past season ended that he wanted to “continue scoring goals.”

http://mlsmultiplex.com/2016/07/28/could-miroslav-klose-be-coming-to-mls/

Honestly don't know what to make of the Docs comments but I do get the impression that he's willing Roberto to go after the players he wants to help fix the squad. The fact that it's the owner saying this sort of stuff is encouraging because it at least shows intent.

I to agree that I don't think there's an exact budget for Roberto to work by, seems we're willing to splash the cash if we feel the need. Who he's on about is anyone's guess though. 

22 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Were we not linked with a Portuguese striker earlier on in the window?

Not playing in China but playing for one of the big Portuguese clubs, possibly Porto?

Could you possibly be thinking about Islam Slimani? He's Algerian but plays for Sporting Lisbon.

There was a a link if i remember correctly but the baggied have a £20m plus bid rejected by SP, seems destined for the PL by all accounts.