Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

If we spent anywhere near 18m on Hernandez I would be appalled.

He's probably the best striker we could potentially sign. We'd have 2 of the top 3 scorers from last year's championship season. Promotion will bring in a fortune. 

Why on earth would you be appalled by the ambition to sign Hernandez?

I just can't see Hull selling Hernadez, why would they in their position? We already know thanks to the Dr that there is no release clause so we can't force their hand and seemingly he isn't trying to force a move.

Could be wrong but I doubt it's him.

34 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Going out on a limb here guys and going for the world class striker to be Didier Drogba. Plays for Montreal Impact and scored 19 in 25 for them. OK he's past it at Premier League level but maybe Dr Xia sees him as a perfect fit for one season to try to fire us back to the top flight again. 

I was thinking of him yesterday but am not sure he would want to leave his relatively lucrative semi retirement role for a long season playing fizzy pop football in cold wet England.

9 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

I was thinking of him yesterday but am not sure he would want to leave his relatively lucrative semi retirement role for a long season playing fizzy pop football in cold wet England.

Yes, because the weather in Montreal is lovely. On average it's more than 5 degrees colder than Birmingham during winter and it has double the rainfall/sleet/snow. London is like Sahara compared to Eastern Canada.

Not sure signing an aging striker with his prime behind his is the way to go.

IF we get the right one (like Klose) it would of course be fantastic, but odds are we'll end up with someone looking for a last payday who's only motivation to come here is massive wages.

We really could do without a striker version of Lescott.

Best signing we can do is someone who will make it possible for Ayew to play up front rather than as a wide midfielder (IMO)

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's probably the best striker we could potentially sign. We'd have 2 of the top 3 scorers from last year's championship season. Promotion will bring in a fortune. 

Why on earth would you be appalled by the ambition to sign Hernandez?

He's not that good. I'm willing to bet a lot that people haven't watched him and are going by his goal tally. McCormack is a good player. Ayew is a good player. Hernandez is an average player. 

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Not sure signing an aging striker with his prime behind his is the way to go.

IF we get the right one (like Klose) it would of course be fantastic, but odds are we'll end up with someone looking for a last payday who's only motivation to come here is massive wages.

We really could do without a striker version of Lescott.

Best signing we can do is someone who will make it possible for Ayew to play up front rather than as a wide midfielder (IMO)

Agree.  I don't want to see the likes of Balotelli, Drogba, Adebayor, Berbatov etc anywhere near our team.  We need a pacy striker to complement what we already have.

26 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Van Persie or Mario Gomez would be ideal. Too late to sign them now. Shame. 

Aha, so we are looking for someone over 30 years old who has done very well in their career and can still be effective. Not sure this means Drogba, but who else fits that criteria...

5 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

I think we're going to get Garth bale. 

That would be a Doug Ellis move.  Let everyone think you're after Gareth Bale, but you actually sign someone called Garth Bale.

• Like 3

People who make Hernandez's youtube videos don't really do a good job, make him look pretty bad. Best ones to watch are the one's that just show all his goals. Like I said yesterday though, I don't think it will be him. Whilst I'm not expecting it to be someone actually world class, I do think it will be a striker closer to that description than Hernandez.

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Van persie, Gomez, Drogba, Ballotelli? Jesus lads get a grip. You'll all be bitching and moaning when it turns out to be bamford on loan.

Wasnt Ballotelli being linked with Wolves and PortVale.  I really think its him, dont ask me where it figures in our hungry player model because i dont know :)