Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Hernandez, McCormack, Gestede, that is one hell of a strike force at this level, since 2014 they've scored a combined goal tally of 95 goals (according to wiki)... All in sides which I would say are inferior to our current starting 11. If we get Hernandez too, we'll be on fire. 

Problem is though... Ayew McCormack Gestede Grealish.. should be better than our current 4 goals in 4 games. We just dont seem to be creating chances at the moment. McCormack hasnt had too many.. We need a creative link in midfield. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KSV said:

Problem is though... Ayew McCormack Gestede Grealish.. should be better than our current 4 goals in 4 games. We just dont seem to be creating chances at the moment. McCormack hasnt had too many.. We need a creative link in midfield. 

Agreed.

Da Doc has referred to the need for an attacking mid, so would assume it's still in the mix because that need hasn't gone away.  

6 minutes ago, KSV said:

Playing those four means that the remaining two midfield berths will have to be more defensive minded.  Hence Tish & Jedi looking likely.

The 4 players that you mention are more than capable of creating for each other.

I think that the goals will come.  I think we will replace Gestede and I also think a creative midfielder will sign.  However, if he starts, it will be at the expense of one of the other four.  It will give us options though-If one is having an off day, we can swap things around like for like without weakening anything.

Hernandez would be a real show of intent. Scored loads last year and has 2 in 2 in the prem. 

Getting a player who has helped his team win the first 2 games in the premier league would show the belief in the Dr T project these players have. 

I would be over the moon with this signing. 

• Like 1

Hernandez would be an alternative to Gestede rather than a strike partner for him. They pretty much play the same position, just Gestede is a lot stronger in the air and Hernandez on the ground.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont see why hernandez needs to drop a division considering how he has started in premier league. Sorry cant see it happening. 

He doesn't need to and possibly won't... it's just the signs suggest it's him - (i) Our interest has been referenced numerous time over the last few weeks by respectable hacks including Murphy (ii) He himself has said he wouldn't hesitate if Villa called (iii) Hull's start is admirable but unlikely to last - he must know that and in fact, some might say their situation is perilous given the pending change of ownership (iv) He apparently has a 10 million clause, which is affordable and cheap.

We could lose out to a Prem team for sure, but who.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I've seen every minute of our campaign so far and I can assure you we are creating tons of chances. Enough to win every game 3/4 - nil. 

It should have been 4 - 0 by ht against Huddersfield. And against derby a great save, the inside of a post and a clearance of the line prevented a goal. 

We look like we're capable of giving a team an absolute spanking soon 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He doesn't need to and possibly won't... it's just the signs suggest it's him - (i) Our interest has been referenced numerous time over the last few weeks by respectable hacks including Murphy (ii) He himself has said he wouldn't hesitate if Villa called (iii) Hull's start is admirable but unlikely to last - he must know that and in fact, some might say their situation is perilous given the pending change of ownership (iv) He apparently has a 10 million clause, which is affordable and cheap.

We could lose out to a Prem team for sure, but who.

XIa confirmed there was no minimum release clause unfortunately. My point was that if he was going to leave I think another premiership club would come in for him, leaving us with no chance

15 minutes ago, KSV said:

Totally agree. We need somebody there to feed these guys, and at the moment, its not happening. Also, I hope we do get Hernandez, even though he falls short of the definition of world class to some. Twice I noticed that we tried to counter attack quickly against Derby, only to be over run by their defenders by the time they got to the halfway line. If Hernandez has pace, then he will be great.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It should have been 4 - 0 by ht against Huddersfield. And against derby a great save, the inside of a post and a clearance of the line prevented a goal. 

We look like we're capable of giving a team an absolute spanking soon 

This, in addition to not even having been able to field our strongest Xl yet!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Going out on a limb here guys and going for the world class striker to be Didier Drogba. Plays for Montreal Impact and scored 19 in 25 for them. OK he's past it at Premier League level but maybe Dr Xia sees him as a perfect fit for one season to try to fire us back to the top flight again. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

XIa confirmed there was no minimum release clause unfortunately. My point was that if he was going to leave I think another premiership club would come in for him, leaving us with no chance

Not sure about 'no chance' - depends who the team is, if he would be guaranteed as their main man and what money they are offering. Mostly about money though and whilst all Prem teams are now awash with cash, so (apparently), is the good Doctor.

No release clause means that Hull can ask whatever they want for him. If for example they want say £18m, then Prem teams might not think he's worth that, given he's unproven in the top flight whereas to us, he might be deemed worth it, because of his season last time out in the Championship.

16 minutes ago, useless said:

No release clause means that Hull can ask whatever they want for him. If for example they want say £18m, then Prem teams might not think he's worth that, given he's unproven in the top flight whereas to us, he might be deemed worth it, because of his season last time out in the Championship.

If we spent anywhere near 18m on Hernandez I would be appalled.

• Like 2

I'd be surprised if the fee was as low as the ten million being talked about, at that price he'd something of a bargain. If he does leave Hull, I can see him costing at least £15m whoever signs him.