Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Well Xia has reportedly said that some of his businesses are going to merger, in the coming months, maybe we're going to join forces lol. He hasn't posted on any of his Weibo accounts for almost a month now though, seems like he's fully concentrating on Villa at the moment, rather than his other businesses, but no doubt it's business as usual for them.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dpt666 said:

Would normally know these things but for this season the premier league is dead to me lol

I've not been interested in any non Villa related football for years. Thats why i find these speculation threads so interesting, because the chances are, unless they've played at VP, I've never seen them play. 

I rely on the good folk of VT and youtube. 

2 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Martinez had great scoring records for 13/14 and 14/15, scoring a goal every game and a half. In 15/16 he's scored a goal every six games. At 29 years of age, it looks like he's way past his best.

Yes because that's totally how it works. :rolleyes:

For the record, I don't think we're after him anyway.

27 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

So we are apparently after a player that sold 6 months ago for £32 million and earns £1 million per month?

And out of all the european teams that a.) would want him & b.) could offer him champions league football & c.) could actually afford to pay him something like what he is on now he would choose to come & live in Birmingham to play in the championship with Gary Gardner & Alan Hutton?

The winner of the funniest joke at the Edinburgh festival is announced next week, I'm guessing us going for Martinez will be up there in the top 1, We couldn't even get Roberto Martinez to come here (Thankfully) when we were in the prem :P

Aside from no one said we were, and have just been throwing names about for fun based on Tony's tweets.

If we are after someone like Jackson Martinez then I question Tony Xia's claims that we wouldn't be copying Man City's rise to the top.. I'm not complaining but by the end of this window we may be looking at £60+ million spent which in this league for many teams is like 10-15 years worth of spending, yet we did it in 2 months.. I wonder if Wolves and West Brom being bought by Chinese "billionaires" has forced Xia to change game plan. If we wanna be the top supported team in China eventually then we have to beat them to the top of the pile at the very least..

1 hour ago, 1958Villan said:

Martinez had great scoring records for 13/14 and 14/15, scoring a goal every game and a half. In 15/16 he's scored a goal every six games. At 29 years of age, it looks like he's way past his best.

mabye something to do with the teams he played for and the countries they are in during those years.

If we're linked to random attackers in China then I wouldn't say no to Asamoah Gyan or Ezequiel Lavezzi. 

Maybe the tease about a number "9" is that he'll want the 3 shirt instead? 

Off to Sheff Weds for free you go Bennett, we need your number 

Its Suarez!

He might squeak through Tony's maturity requirements if he is made to play with an S & M gag ball in his mouth.

Edited by AJ

7 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Transfer window doesn't close next week ;) #itk

I don't know who the striker in question is but for a number of reasons I think that is highly unlikely, I think he is far more likely to be more of well known quantity.

Any idea/clue who the fullback we're after is?

3 hours ago, Skills said:

any chance we can have a 'dislike' or a 'dreaming' button next to the like??

No chance I was serious, just having a laugh. But yes, a " Dislike" button would suit all the passive aggressives out there.

Got to be Abel Hernandez. Hes not in the Championship and hes not a loan youngster. Weve been linked with him alot and Pat Murphy said we have gone back in for him a week or so ago. He is open to coming here and wants out of Hull. Has played in the World Cup in 2014. Seems to be a hard worker and has a few bullets. 

Lock n Load. Abel upfront with McCormack. 

• Like 4

Hernandez, McCormack, Gestede, that is one hell of a strike force at this level, since 2014 they've scored a combined goal tally of 95 goals (according to wiki)... All in sides which I would say are inferior to our current starting 11. If we get Hernandez too, we'll be on fire. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1