Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

So a world class striker who would play in the championship Hmmmmmm. thats goning to be a tough sell even from the good Dr. I hope Yeldin is the right back would be very pleased with that Unsure of the Morrison Bid / Roumor seems to have been around too long and when the DR states he has only just seen him on the radar then ???

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The backlash when the signing inevitably turns out to not be world class is going to be laughable. 

Yes - talk of Jackson Martinez is going to lead to disappointment.

Let's just wait and see.

14 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's not that good. I'm willing to bet a lot that people haven't watched him and are going by his goal tally. McCormack is a good player. Ayew is a good player. Hernandez is an average player. 

I'm going by his goal tally. I haven't watched him much. I was going by goal tally for McCormack as well because I didn't see him play much. 

He's a striker, as long as he scores goals I'll be happy. 

The term "world class" is just totally open to interpretation. It won't be anyone that I'd consider "world class", but for me "world class" are the best players in the world. 

So meh, I'm not expecting too much, but I agree, when it's revealed who it really is, it's going to be a letdown for a lot of people who would be (naively) expecting something special. 

Just now, Pilchard said:

Yes - talk of Jackson Martinez is going to lead to disappointment.

Let's just wait and see.

I wouldn't even class him as world class. Completely flopped at Atletico and chose the pay day of China at 26.

Not for me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I'm going by his goal tally. I haven't watched him much. I was going by goal tally for McCormack as well because I didn't see him play much. 

Well yes, of course. If Emile Heskey came in and scored goals we'd all be delighted - doesn't mean there wouldn't be people slightly concerned about throwing £18m at him. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

In the 4 games I've seen McCormack play in, I think he's been very unfortunate to never have been given a chance at PL level.  I'm really pleased that we've signed him

• Like 1

Just now, Butterfingers said:

In the 4 games I've seen McCormack play in, I think he's been very unfortunate to never have been given a chance at PL level.  I'm really pleased that we've signed him

Yes. He's a quality player. I didn't fully get how good until watching him with us 

Just now, useless said:

If the signing's half decent, no one will be bothered that it's not Jackson Martinez or whoever. I really don't think there will be a backlash at all.

This.  None of us are expecting a genuinely World Class player to be signed, so I can't see why there'd be any backlash.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Well yes, of course. If Emile Heskey came in and scored goals we'd all be delighted - doesn't mean there wouldn't be people slightly concerned about throwing £18m at him. 

If heskey was one of the top scorers in the championship and had scored 2 in 2 in the prem I'm not sure why people would be that concerned. 

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I wouldn't even class him as world class. Completely flopped at Atletico and chose the pay day of China at 26.

Not for me. 

Not for me? :D

You have to be joking right? Not that it would be Martinez, but IF it was then you'd say no? Nah, not having that at all.

We are in the Championship and have literally just had a donkey up front for 70 minutes against Derby, but you'd say no to a player that's scored over 100 goals (at a higher level) in the last 4 or 5 years and was considered to be worth roughly £30 million by one of the best teams in the world just last summer.

Hilarious.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If heskey was one of the top scorers in the championship and had scored 2 in 2 in the prem I'm not sure why people would be that concerned. 

[pedant] He's scored 1 in 2 in the Prem [/pedant].

3 minutes ago, mwj said:

Another 8 pages since last night discussing the definition of world class?

ASCIOtM.gif

Villa fans discussing  a potential signing after the owner raises their hopes by using the term "world class".  Absolutely shocking behaviour-What is the world coming to?

How dare they speculate.