Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

On the Balotelli tip, Donadoni has hinted interest and Lazio aren't denying interest.

Whilst being a mentalist, I think he needs to be a hero somewhere and be universally loved in order to play to his potential. Something he hasn't managed at the big clubs, a move down the leagues and him hitting form could have the desired end result. He had the ability to be truly great, it's whether he hasn't already wasted it and how arsed he would be to actually be arsed to be the hero at a smaller club. 

I'm not suggesting we should take the gamble by the way, I'd rather we used the money on younger more mentally stable talent. However, if, and it's a monumental if, the above situation clicked, it would be beyond awesome.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigJim said:

Was expecting more business to be done in Italy. Must be plenty of likely candidates there?

In theory we can match the wages of almost any side in serie A, even in this division. I would definitely be up for us trying to tempt some young and up and coming players here. Look at Romagnoli going to Milan, he had only just broke through with Roma but you could see he was class, a move like that would be doable for us if we were scouting U-21 and U-19 sides here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Simone Zaza.

B)

He's another one who could go either way, bags of talent but apparently bags of ego. Maybe the penalty might let his humble side grow and make him work harder. Deffo a talent though, I like him.

There's a big part of me that knows Balotelli would be a terrible idea.

But then there's that tiny part of me that can't help but feel "what if?" and would almost take the gamble, even though the odds are hugely stacked against it not being a success.

This is why I don't gamble IRL.

2 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Some Twitter talk that Newcastle are interested in Bas Dost. Wonder if he's on our radar?

According to GOAL - http://www.goal.com/nl/news/786/transfers/2016/08/22/26762592/dost-geniet-interesse-vanuit-engeland?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FT3a02aihsQ

Frankly, I love him just for the name. 

• Like 1

Despite having his problems, his goal to appearance ratio is pretty darn good until his move to Liverpool. Looks like his confidence has been shot. 

Im not sure if it's worth the gamble. We need to be purchasing players full of confidence. 

image.png