Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Potentially. I think Huddersfield are a decent team

Me too.

Potentially though, I think Villa are a lot better.  Huddersfield also appear to have a fight on their hands to keep Wells who is attracting a lot of interest from other clubs.  Villa on the other hand will improve further between now and the end of the window.

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

@KSV I figured as much as I know you live in Oz. We also had a shot cleared off the line and the Kozak chance against Derby, though admittedly we didn't click as well in that game as we have done previously. I would say that overall we are creating plenty and it's a bit too soon for me to start wondering about home/away trends. I also think that players creating chances for themselves counts as a chance created. I'm confident that our first XI will score goals, but I'm not confident we have the depth required to do so for another 42 games.

A striker is absolute priority for me at the moment and I'm pleased that they seem to feel the same. 

I'd also say we are building from the back. Our biggest issue was stupid defensive errors. The team is starting to gel now and I think we will start looking better going forwards too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sne said:

Not sure signing an aging striker with his prime behind his is the way to go.

IF we get the right one (like Klose) it would of course be fantastic, but odds are we'll end up with someone looking for a last payday who's only motivation to come here is massive wages.

We really could do without a striker version of Lescott.

Best signing we can do is someone who will make it possible for Ayew to play up front rather than as a wide midfielder (IMO)

IF it did turn out to be Drogba surely it would obviously be just an attempt at getting a proven striker to get us the goals in order to try to get out of the Championship at the first time of asking? The guy has scored 19 goals in 25 games so obviously still knows where the back of the net is, even if that league isn't much of a standard. The Championship isn't all that either, if we are honest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

IF it did turn out to be Drogba surely it would obviously be just an attempt at getting a proven striker to get us the goals in order to try to get out of the Championship at the first time of asking? The guy has scored 19 goals in 25 games so obviously still knows where the back of the net is, even if that league isn't much of a standard. The Championship isn't all that either, if we are honest.

Just imagine being a Burton Albion defender coming up against Drogba :wave:

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Jermaine Defoe anyone? 

With Sunderland "preparing" themselves for another relegation battle, could Julie finally be tempted to release him from her hotel?

They simply wouldn't let him go.
They're good candidates to be relegated with him, they'd be a certainty without. 

You'd think they wouldn't let Kaboul and Kone go, but they've sold one of them and banned the other, because he wants to leave. I don't think we'll sign Defoe but wouldn't be surprised if he left for another Premier team.

1 minute ago, StanBalaban said:

Jermaine Defoe anyone? 

With Sunderland "preparing" themselves for another relegation battle, could Julie finally be tempted to release him from her hotel?

I'd have Defoe-He is the only player in their team who would get into ours.  However, I get the feeling that he feels an obligation to them.  It's a bit different to Bent, who had a career still in front of him.  Defoe is playing out his swansong.  He's 33 now and can't have much left in him.  I think he'd prefer to stick rather than twist at this stage.  Pity-He's wasted in such a dire side, he'd be great here for18 months or so.

What was I thinking, if its a world class striker there is only one possible person it could be... Nicklas Bendtner! ;) Can't wait for this one, could be the most exciting signing since Bent arrived. (no I don't know who it is) I've a feeling though it won't be someone we've been linked with or that we've been discussing.