Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Probably in the minority, but I am not worried who it is as long as they help us score more goals.  I would be happy with Wells, Hernandez, Bamford or whoever –they are all goal scorers who would strengthen our squad and make promotion more likely.   Good time to be a Villa fan right now!!

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

With a new 'world class striker' and a new right back, we should piss this league. 

Some of the teams in the championship are dreadful. Even the better teams look dreadful. 

And yet were still mid table :P

13 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Speculation = Man City's Wilfried Bony. 

I thought about Bony last night. 

Edited by av1

23 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd take the gamble, but just not sure on his position. From the limited footage I've seen he doesn't appear to be a conventional central midfielder, so would probably either have to play off the left (Grealish's position) or off the forward (with McCormack moving to number 9) to get the best out of him. But stand to be corrected. 

McCormack is not a number 9.

• Like 1

On 06/08/2016 at 10:10, alreadyexists said:

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I've seen every minute of our campaign so far and I can assure you we are creating tons of chances. Enough to win every game 3/4 - nil. 

I've only seen sheffield and Derby. We didn't create many chances. Im not counting long shots as chances as it's self made. We don't have the killer ball. McCormack seems to be the closest too but we need him at the end of them. Granted Huddersfield sounds like we created plenty. Maybe away from home we are finding it harder.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Wells looks a good player - but doesn't fit the "World Class" tag. I'd be keen on signing him though. Or Bamford.

Or Huntelaar :detect:

Going on nothing more than his youtube video, i really like Wells. 

The great thing is, after the business so far, i have total faith that whoever comes in will really strengthen the team/squad. Its been a long time since i could say that.

I look forward to the week ahead.

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

Could you possibly be thinking about Islam Slimani? He's Algerian but plays for Sporting Lisbon.

There was a a link if i remember correctly but the baggied have a £20m plus bid rejected by SP, seems destined for the PL by all accounts. 

Yes, I think that one rings some bells.  Thank you and well remembered.

it is all getting very interesting.  A number 9 with mobility is just what this forward line needs.  Hopefully it happens before Saturday.

@KSV I figured as much as I know you live in Oz. We also had a shot cleared off the line and the Kozak chance against Derby, though admittedly we didn't click as well in that game as we have done previously. I would say that overall we are creating plenty and it's a bit too soon for me to start wondering about home/away trends. I also think that players creating chances for themselves counts as a chance created. I'm confident that our first XI will score goals, but I'm not confident we have the depth required to do so for another 42 games.

A striker is absolute priority for me at the moment and I'm pleased that they seem to feel the same.