Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 hours ago, AJ said:

Totally agree. We need somebody there to feed these guys, and at the moment, its not happening. Also, I hope we do get Hernandez, even though he falls short of the definition of world class to some. Twice I noticed that we tried to counter attack quickly against Derby, only to be over run by their defenders by the time they got to the halfway line. If Hernandez has pace, then he will be great.

yes but one of those times was worth the comedy factor... thanks Libor

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

What was I thinking, if its a world class striker there is only one possible person it could be... Nicklas Bendtner! ;) Can't wait for this one, could be the most exciting signing since Bent arrived. (no I don't know who it is) I've a feeling though it won't be someone we've been linked with or that we've been discussing.

I don't wan't Nicklas Bendter near this football club, so I hope not...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

People who make Hernandez's youtube videos don't really do a good job, make him look pretty bad. Best ones to watch are the one's that just show all his goals. Like I said yesterday though, I don't think it will be him. Whilst I'm not expecting it to be someone actually world class, I do think it will be a striker closer to that description than Hernandez.

That's because he is pretty bad. Flat track bully who will score a decent amount at this level but a flat track bully truth be told. Doesn't have great facets to his game, just a bit of pace.

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That's because he is pretty bad. Flat track bully who will score a decent amount at this level but a flat track bully truth be told. Doesn't have great facets to his game, just a bit of pace.

Flat track bully? What's that? 

3 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Flat track bully? What's that? 

flat-track bully. noun. 1. a sportsperson who dominates inferior opposition, but who cannot beat top-level opponents.

Apparently :P

Think people are thinking too litterally on the desired use of the good doctor by saying "World Class". My interpretaion would be that our target striker plays for their country.

Hernandez or Konate would fit that description, as would a number of others that are not too unreasonable in terms of price and opportunity.

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

After trawling through page after page, hoping there is some news, it is starting to get a little tedious.

So here is a bunny with a pancake on its head.

Where God Damnit? - don't build up our hopes like that.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1