Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

6 minutes ago, MuleAthon said:

I'm sure this has already been said but surely a sports psychologist has to be the number one priority for the board in terms of off the field recruitment now. The mindset of some of these players is absolutely galling.

I agree , this or a 12 gauge shotgun should do the trick.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MuleAthon said:

I'm sure this has already been said but surely a sports psychologist has to be the number one priority for the board in terms of off the field recruitment now. The mindset of some of these players is absolutely galling.

We could do with Dr Steve Peters cloning himself 25 times and moving in with all the players. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MuleAthon said:

A couple of home wins should do the same trick.  A big game at the weekend for the confidence of the players and fans alike.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

A couple of home wins should do the same trick.  A big game at the weekend for the confidence of the players and fans alike.

100% agree.  Bit of a vicious circle atm - the confidence will come when we start winning again.  When was the last time we came from behind or snatched a win against the odds?  Once we win and few the belief will soon come back - among the fans as well! 

Edited by Gary Thomas

6 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

100% agree.  Bit of a vicious circle - the confidence will come when we start winning.  When was the last time we came from behind or snatched a win against the odds?  

Last time we came from behind to win in the league was Leicester at home, December 2014.

1 hour ago, MuleAthon said:

I met one earlier this year who deals with a lot of top sportsmen and women.   I suggested the Villa and he replied he couldn't work miracles :(

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

100% agree.  Bit of a vicious circle atm - the confidence will come when we start winning again.  When was the last time we came from behind or snatched a win against the odds?  Once we win and few the belief will soon come back - among the fans as well! 

You’re right. You could have said that last season as well.

There needs to be a realisation though that this squad is incapable of winning a few. It is completely broken which is why fans have been screaming that it needs a complete overhaul as without it we won’t be winning a few and gaining some confidence and forward momentum.

I knew there would be no quick fix to all this but I have to say last night was frightening. It was throwback to last season the only difference being this wasn’t against a top flight side this was against a side in the fourth tier.

The bottom line is that we haven’t bought in enough new players and the squad is still riddled with the losing mentality that we had last season. Last night two new players started the game. The rest are used to pulling on an Aston Villa shirt and losing and it totally showed once Luton scored. The balance in the squad has to change and we need more players who aren’t scarred by the failings of the past.  Once it does we will have a chance of winning a few games and gaining some confidence. If we don’t then the status quo will be maintained and we will continue to serve up the same tripe.

• Like 3

The major plus of last night is if they didn't know it already, they now know we need more new players. The worst thing that could have happened would be to have a false dawn before the Window closes and it goes to pot with no way to sort it out apart from some loans.

• Like 2

How many players do you really need in a Championship squad, 25 including a few youngsters?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GK: Gollini, Steer, Bunn

DF: NEW RB, Hutton, Elphick, Baker, NEW CB, Toner(?), Amavi, Cissohko

MF: NEW DM, NEW AM, Bacuna, Gardner, Westwood, Tshibola

Wide men: Ayew, Grealish, Green, Traore

ST: McCormack, NEW ST, Gestede, Kozak

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's a new RB, CB, DM, AM and ST. 

Jedinak/Diaware, Morrison and Hernandez some of the main rumours going around for some of those positions. Ideally want an experienced RB and CB at a decent level. No going to League 1 and picking up a young player that's completely unproven, please.

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

You’re right. You could have said that last season as well.

There needs to be a realisation though that this squad is incapable of winning a few. It is completely broken which is why fans have been screaming that it needs a complete overhaul as without it we won’t be winning a few and gaining some confidence and forward momentum.

I knew there would be no quick fix to all this but I have to say last night was frightening. It was throwback to last season the only difference being this wasn’t against a top flight side this was against a side in the fourth tier.

The bottom line is that we haven’t bought in enough new players and the squad is still riddled with the losing mentality that we had last season. Last night two new players started the game. The rest are used to pulling on an Aston Villa shirt and losing and it totally showed once Luton scored. The balance in the squad has to change and we need more players who aren’t scarred by the failings of the past.  Once it does we will have a chance of winning a few games and gaining some confidence. If we don’t then the status quo will be maintained and we will continue to serve up the same tripe.

I agree but this squad is changing and if we can bring in a another 4-5 we will be capable of winning a few. The likes of McCormack, Elphick and Tshibola - alongside players like Ayew, and Amavi -  + more incomings should be good enough.  If we can get them to gel and start winning again confidence will grow quickly I am sure.  We need to get behind them Saturday and hope we can turn the corner quickly.  Only one game in - still time!

2 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

We're signing Chester and this mystery midfielder then?

Mystery midfielder is said to have fallen through according to Pat Murphy. Suspect it's that 18 year old from Italy that laughed us off and wanted to get a move to a club in the same country.