Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

28 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Murphys also tweeted replies to people saying he's hearing that the midfielder Dr T mentioned isn't happening. 

image.png

Wouldn't be a fan of this, why is Tony picking out transfer targets? RDM should be the one picking who he wants not our owner. 

1 minute ago, sexbelowsound said:

So instead of telling us Tony tells a journalist? Whether it came from Tony, the players agent or the other club I would have thought Tony would have mentioned it on Twitter if that was now the case.

He tweets about near enough everything else!

True, but he would have made a bit of a fool of himself u-turning so soon after his initial tweet. This way he can move to the next midfielder on the list and sign that one without explicitly contradicting himself. I'm not a massive Pat Murphy fan, but in my experience he defo doesn't make info up out of thin air.

1 minute ago, Dirtysanchez said:

Wouldn't be a fan of this, why is Tony picking out transfer targets? RDM should be the one picking who he wants not our owner. 

I think you're reading too much into the phrasing. I'm think he just means the midfielder Xia referred to yesterday

29 minutes ago, BOF said:

Hmm.  Isn't a runner.  Could be Charlie Adam.

Well if this player isn't a runner he will fit perfectly into our midfield.....

35 minutes ago, Dirtysanchez said:

Where has it been suggested the DR is picking out the transfer targets? All he's said is that the move for the midfield would hopefully be completed by Saturday and Murphy has said its stalled. Anyway if Tone was picking them out he's doing a good job so far!! 

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Where has it been suggested the DR is picking out the transfer targets? All he's said is that the move for the midfield would hopefully be completed by Saturday and Murphy has said its stalled. Anyway if Tone was picking them out he's doing a good job so far!! 

Murphy's tweet I think - "Understand the midfielder wanted by Dr Tony isn't a runner".

I think it's just phrasing, though.  As in, Dr Xia referred to signing the midfielder so much easier to reference him rather than "Midfielder spoken about by Dr Tony but wanted by RDM..." etc.

• Like 1

With Riley watching Wolves last night, do you think we've bid for one of the players? Looking at the line up I'd hope for Hause, if we were getting anyone from Wolves I'd want Iorfa but think Hause would be a good left footed CB/ LB to add depth and balance. 

Hmmm... You'd hope that Tony wouldn't be tweeting about players hopefully being signed before Saturday without it being a nearly done deal? 

Though, I appreciate things can change quickly in football.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/aston-villa-offer-for-diawara-from-bologna-napoli-returns-on-the-guinean/

Di Marzio says we made a 17 million offer for Diawara; don't think he'd come.

Just seen this on Twitter, could be a load of rubbish but you never know.