Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

£17m for a guy linked with some of Europe's biggest clubs, Is there a danger we could leave ourselves short due to being to ambitious?

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Bid 100% gone in. Will be accepted. Agree that it's unlikely to come off, but not because of the price. That's €17m which translates to a pretty similar fee to that paid for McCormack. Wages won't be an issue either. In any case, the only way I can see us nabbing him is if no other club comes close to matching our offer.

#ITK

Just now, villa_southerner said:

Yes and no....

basically the board and staff certainly aren't sitting around, there's bids in enquires made and a lot of them.

However things are constantly changing when I said about Elphick signing there wasn't much competiton and pretty straight forward to conclude however I was told one day Bamford was close then next day it's off, and I know how quick some of you are to jump on the bandwagon with wrong information! so I've been being cautious recently as the last 5 days deals have done a whole 360.

all the names mentioned banded around on here all very credible, there isn't anyone out of left field, I'm still being told Jedinak is close even with the media reports, we still want Morrison, Hernandez, Wells etc...but it's patience at present.

Thanks for coming back to me, I appreciate it.

Sounds like the same sort of names are still in the hat, so like you say it's just a waiting game in the short term.

Do you know if there's any truth in the Diawara link?

4 minutes ago, villa_southerner said:

Yes and no....

basically the board and staff certainly aren't sitting around, there's bids in enquires made and a lot of them.

However things are constantly changing when I said about Elphick signing there wasn't much competiton and pretty straight forward to conclude however I was told one day Bamford was close then next day it's off, and I know how quick some of you are to jump on the bandwagon with wrong information! so I've been being cautious recently as the last 5 days deals have done a whole 360.

all the names mentioned banded around on here all very credible, there isn't anyone out of left field, I'm still being told Jedinak is close even with the media reports, we still want Morrison, Hernandez, Wells etc...but it's patience at present.

Do you think we will get this mysterious midfield player before Saturday?

7 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Bid 100% gone in. Will be accepted. Agree that it's unlikely to come off, but not because of the price. That's €17m which translates to a pretty similar fee to that paid for McCormack. Wages won't be an issue either. In any case, the only way I can see us nabbing him is if no other club comes close to matching our offer.

100% according to who? Genuine question.

13 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

There is absolutely no chance this will happen. Doesn't fit the criteria and I just can't see a championship club spending 17mil on anyone :lol: 

I'm sure it's unlikely, but this is the exact type of signing we need to be making alongside the likes of Elphick and McCormack if we want to get up and stay up in the next couple of seasons.  We can't do a third complete rebuild if we go up next season - we need to have a core that have potential to be good PL level players and develop as the club rises.

19 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

There is absolutely no chance this will happen. Doesn't fit the criteria and I just can't see a championship club spending 17mil on anyone :lol: 

its Euro's not Pounds, so  17m is the same as £14.5m, which is nearly what we spent on McCormack.

• Like 1