Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

55 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get all the "at this level" talk, however people have to remember our aim is to go back up asap. If we overload ourselves with great players "for this level" we will have similar problems as we do now with restructuring. We should be going for younger players who will be good enough to make the step up and grow with us in a year, experienced Premier League (or other top league) players. A blend of young talent, as well as older heads who we can eventually phase out for younger high quality replacements!

Younger players like Grealish, Gardner, Tshibola, Adama, Green, Veretout...? I would rather we went up and then worried about surplus players. We are going to struggle to recruit the better players in our plight.

• Like 4

Would prefer Jedinak to Ledley.

Not because im aussie and bias but i think Jedinak has more of a physical presence and is taller.. better on set pieces etc. 

We ideally only need either one of them for 1-2 years tops.. so then we can upgrade to Kante once in the Premier League ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nazvfc said:

There are not 4 principles think he did shorthand for 'for ins' not 4 principles. 

Yes, I see it now. But I was quite chuffed to slip in a Robocop reference.

• Like 1

Anybody know our net spend to date in this window? Just wondering with the number of players rumoured to be interested in that none are cheap

Edited by nick76

6 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

11th, 10th and 15th place Premier League finishes say hi :)

At the start of last season they were very impressive... However, from January they were awful. Not saying that ledley or Jedinak wouldn't improve us, but palace really weren't that solid this calendar year

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Anybody know our net spend to date in this window? Just wondering with the number of players rumoured to be interested in that none are cheap

Just under 9 million so far isn't it?

4.5 Gollini 

3 Elphick

5.5 Tshibola

12 McCormack

= £25 million

Less

7.1 for Gana, 5 for Clark & 3.5 For Sinclair

If you take the savings by not having Guzan/Richardson/Zog/richardson/gil amongst others on the wage bill i would guess that we probably haven't actually spent a penny

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

So with sanchez out now must mean new midfielder imminent, seems to have been the pattern for keeping the squad a certaim size. Would love a proper link today. MOMs hinted at Barry yesterday on twitter and they dont normally get involved in ITK bs. Probably just wishful thinking.

In regards to Chester, I am a little wary. It reminds of some schoolyard wisdom. " If somebody who doesn't like you wants to give you something, chances are its not good." I am just thinking of the last centre back we bought from West Brom, and how well that turned out.

20 hours ago, Richard said:

ideal replacement for Agbonlahor

Um I dont think so, his scoring ratio is way too good. Does anyone know the Yacines' yellow cards/goals ratio? Just think that is the best KPI to use for a comparision

44 minutes ago, AJ said:

In regards to Chester, I am a little wary. It reminds of some schoolyard wisdom. " If somebody who doesn't like you wants to give you something, chances are its not good." I am just thinking of the last centre back we bought from West Brom, and how well that turned out.

100% this...don't know much about chester, but when i saw the money we paid for lescott alarm bells rang. they knew how awful he was and were laughing their heads off that we actually paid for him

10 hours ago, villaglint said:

If nothing else he's outed Agent Dave as a fraud be interesting to see how many of his 32k followers now think twice.

you get clowns like that every summer...like that sky sports news wannabe girl last year...they all know exactly the same as us, then jump all over every media rumour and pass it off as theirs. i did chuckle at him getting well caught out

If we are playing the loan market and need a forward I would go for Iheanacho can't see him playing much for City this season. I guess there would be lots of completion though!

9 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

If we are playing the loan market and need a forward I would go for Iheanacho can't see him playing much for City this season. I guess there would be lots of completion though!

No chance. Averaging a goal every 96mins last season. He might not get much game time but he's probably better off staying there and playing with better players day in day out.

9 minutes ago, Folski said:

No chance. Averaging a goal every 96mins last season. He might not get much game time but he's probably better off staying there and playing with better players day in day out.

Well Doc X has rekindled my dreams!