Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

You sure? Reliably told this morning that we have agreed a fee (in principle) for Joe Ledley. We do have other CM targets though, and I'm not sure how far up the pecking order he is. Personally, I'm not a massive fan, and so I hope we have better alternatives lined up.

Reliably told by whom?

39 minutes ago, midian said:

If we get Joe Ledley that will be brilliant but surley wouldnt drop down a league?

Well you wouldn't think so but Nolan dropped down a division at the time from Newcastle to West Ham, so it does happen- if the deal is good enough for the player.

Edited by The Fun Factory

28 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

You sure? Reliably told this morning that we have agreed a fee (in principle) for Joe Ledley. We do have other CM targets though, and I'm not sure how far up the pecking order he is. Personally, I'm not a massive fan, and so I hope we have better alternatives lined up.

I think he's a competent Premier League midfielder. Great engine, knows where the net is, not bad on the ball, hard as ****. 

The reason he's not a 'good' Premier League midfielder is a lack of pace and a lack of real cutting edge quality, which wouldn't be as much of an issue at this level and in this team. Assuming he wasn't our only central midfield signing of course, but one of a pair. I'd be absolutely delighted with him here and surprised Palace would let him go.  

He's the player we all wish Gardner was, but isn't. 

• Like 2

I get all the "at this level" talk, however people have to remember our aim is to go back up asap. If we overload ourselves with great players "for this level" we will have similar problems as we do now with restructuring. We should be going for younger players who will be good enough to make the step up and grow with us in a year, experienced Premier League (or other top league) players. A blend of young talent, as well as older heads who we can eventually phase out for younger high quality replacements!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

If nothing else he's outed Agent Dave as a fraud be interesting to see how many of his 32k followers now think twice.

Don't you go ruining Agent Dave, only found him today and I don't want him broken within 12hours of finding him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get all the "at this level" talk, however people have to remember our aim is to go back up asap. If we overload ourselves with great players "for this level" we will have similar problems as we do now with restructuring. We should be going for younger players who will be good enough to make the step up and grow with us in a year, experienced Premier League (or other top league) players. A blend of young talent, as well as older heads who we can eventually phase out for younger high quality replacements!

I feel like Joe Ledley has proven he can play at Premier League level. Should we get back there soon enough. 

45 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Have you heard of the phrase 'every cloud has a silver lining'? 

Recently I had three weeks off work, it was stress related. As one of the symptoms I had herpes on my gums, which is absolutely horrible let me assure you. I wouldn't recommend it, I'm not happy it happened, but as a result me and my partner have conducted a full review of the business. This has expedited our growth into new ventures, ones which give me pleasure. My enthusiasm is restored and I'm no longer 'stressed'. 

That growth would have happened regardless I'm sure and I'd rather it had happened without the mouth AIDS, but hey, every cloud...

I hope that helps you understand. 

Holy sh*t. I'm both aroused and alarmed. Good for you, I say.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get all the "at this level" talk, however people have to remember our aim is to go back up asap. If we overload ourselves with great players "for this level" we will have similar problens as we do now with restructuring. We should be going fir younger players who will be goid enough to make the step up and grow with us in a year, experienced Premier League (or other top league) players. A blend of young talent, as well as older heads who we can eventualky phase iut for younger high quality replacements!

Thing is when "great at this level, can do a job in the premier league" players are available we could probably do with them because apart from the new boys the current squad is full of players who on the whole couldn't do a job in the premier league and are mostly untested at this level.