3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

but he doesn't have to respond, or be that specific

i'm not offended or angry with what he has said, just saying

i think if i was a Hull fan i would probably be annoyed

rod2.jpg

Fist of Fun FTW!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has just laid to waste a few dozen "ITK's" which I think is fantastic!

So now you're ok with his comments about another clubs player ?

5 minutes ago, useless said:

To be honest I can't imagine Hull being too upset with Xia mentioning that hernandez doesn't have release clause. If he'd have revealed that he's got one, then that might be a different matter. Hull fans are probably glad to hear it.

I have no issues whatsoever with Xia's tweets-I enjoy reading them.

If an owner of another club commented on one of our players like that, I would be very concerned.  Why would Xia know if Hulls striker had a release clause?  How many players in the championship does Xia have information regarding their contracts?  More to the point, how many of Hulls players does Xia have information on regarding their contract.

I would suspect that Hernandez is the only player that Xia has inside information on, concerning his contract and the reason is because he is trying to buy him.

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Er, what?

You have an issue with his comments about Hernandez but have said you think it's fantastic because he has laid to waste some itks . Just trying to understand whether you think his comments are ok then now.

Jedinak or Ledley according to the Telegraph...... so we can help them buy Benteke...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/08/09/crystal-palace-hope-to-agree-christian-benteke-deal-after-reopen/

The futures of midfielders Joe Ledley and Mile Jedinak are also in doubt with Aston Villa thought to be keen on both players whose contracts expire in just under 12 months.

Villa are desperate to sign a new central midfielder to boost their Championship campaign and are interested in signing either Jedinak or Ledley.

Just now, Richard said:

You have an issue with his comments about Hernandez but have said you think it's fantastic because he has laid to waste some itks . Just trying to understand whether you think his comments are ok then now.

The two thoughts not mutually exclusive. They can both coexist. 

You know when you have a decision to make and you make a 'pros and cons' list. That. 

Or tried to buy him, learned that he doesn't have a release clause, and so Hull could probably ask for more than we were wiling to pay and now we've moved on, hence the suggestion from posters who seem to have the inside scoop, that we've bid for Wells.

It wouldn't bother me if another chairman tweeted that about one of our players because he's basically saying that we won't be moving for the player, and it lets the fans know that the player can't be gotten cheaply. Most players don't have a release clause I don't think it's that big of a deal.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hmmm. It's direct from the Redknapp school of tapping up. "We'd love to sign so and so but we just can't make it happen at the moment". 

Hernandez is employed by and has a valid contract with Hull City. It's not our place to discuss the details of that contract. In fact, it's probably against the law. 

Would a release clause in a contract not be public knowledge? Otherwise how would a club know to be able to activate it? 

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Would a release clause in a contract not be public knowledge? Otherwise how would a club know to be able to activate it? 

you obviously check the contracts tab on Football Manager

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The two thoughts not mutually exclusive. They can both coexist. 

You know when you have a decision to make and you make a 'pros and cons' list. That. 

Not sure they can to be honest as you don't get the pro without the con. That is the whole negative about the post is actually the positive you like. But hey ho I'll leave it there 

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

More chance of Ledley King. 

You sure? Reliably told this morning that we have agreed a fee (in principle) for Joe Ledley. We do have other CM targets though, and I'm not sure how far up the pecking order he is. Personally, I'm not a massive fan, and so I hope we have better alternatives lined up.