Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I don't think Xia's tapping him up. The takeaway from that tweet is that we won't be signing him or Xia wouldn't have mentioned him by name.

Hmmm. It's direct from the Redknapp school of tapping up. "We'd love to sign so and so but we just can't make it happen at the moment". 

Hernandez is employed by and has a valid contract with Hull City. It's not our place to discuss the details of that contract. In fact, it's probably against the law. 

Just now, dudevillaisnice said:

No one cares about Hull anyway :D

Well yes, there's that!

Don't get me wrong, it hasn't turned me or anything, I'm not so fickle or sensitive. I'd just rather not see it. 

No problem with him saying we won't be signing him, but it's unfair to both the club and the player to discuss it in such detail. 

Just now, useless said:

He probably shouldn't have mentioned the non release clause. But I think we've probably moved on to other targets.

Sure. 

One day though we might want to do business with Hull. Or Hernandez's agent. Or anyone. 

We don't want a reputation for being mouthy. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sure. 

One day though we might want to do business with Hull. Or Hernandez's agent. Or anyone. 

We don't want a reputation for being mouthy. 

Yea - but for other tweets though, Would rather that than being all nicey nicey - been like that for too long and we just get shat on by other clubs. We seem to have a bit of a bite and **** you attitude - which is brilliant! 

But yes I do agree there are perhaps a couple of things where he should be a little bit more discrete, less keyboard happy. 

Edited by Tayls

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Would rather that than being all nicey nicey - been like that for too long and we just get shat on by other clubs. We seem to have a bit of a bite and **** you attitude - which is brilliant! 

There's a middle ground. It wasn't necessary here. It achieved absolutely nothing except to say don't tell Aston Villa your clients contract details or you may as well tell everyone. 

Hernandez's agent has clearly allowed these release clause rumours to circulate, for whatever reason. Why upset that particular apple cart?

Saw your edit - that's all I was getting at really. Pick your battles Tone. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I love Tony's heart and enthusiasm and the fact he wants to win us over, but i would rather he keep his comments vague and not name names.

i would also rather we stopped talking about players and signings and actually made some.

If it's regarding Hernandez, to be fair he was asking a question directed I him. He didn't just suddenly pipe up about him. Someone tweeted Xia saying he should activate the release clause, Tony just responded by saying there was no clause. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

So, what is number 4? Classified? Cannot arrest an employee of Recon industries, otherwise results in shutdown?

There are not 4 principles think he did shorthand for 'for ins' not 4 principles. 

10 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

If it's regarding Hernandez, to be fair he was asking a question directed I him. He didn't just suddenly pipe up about him. Someone tweeted Xia saying he should activate the release clause, Tony just responded by saying there was no clause. 

but he doesn't have to respond, or be that specific

i'm not offended or angry with what he has said, just saying

i think if i was a Hull fan i would probably be annoyed

rod2.jpg