Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, AJ said:

Or bad luck. If I ever saw her, I'd run a @#** mile away, because you know a corpse is going to turn up.

Sign her up, might be the only way to get rid of Gabby, Lescott and Richards.

1 hour ago, Supervillan78 said:

After today Cissokho, Hutton, Gestede, Bacuna and Wetwood can all do one, along with Richards, Gabby and Lescott.

you forgot to add Gardner to that list

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Said it before and will keep saying it we need Barry or a player of the ilk, experienced and calm to shield the defence and get the ball down.

Don't tell us Trent tell whoever it is you know at the club and ask them to pass it on to Dr X and RDM. Maybe add a pretty please at the end too.

It was obvious to everyone that our midfield was lacking. There was no one looking to collect the ball off our defence, nor link up play with the forwards.

We're crying out for that strong, centre midfielder to stamp his authority on the game as well as a proper playmaker. I would be surprised if RDM didn't already have his targets in mind, and I suspect Ravel Morrison is one of those. Naturally, we've all suggested Jedinak and think he should be attainable if we're in for him too.

One thing's for sure if that with the sheer number, and frequency, of games this season, we'll need a variety of options. We'll see another striker coming in to play up front, but it will be interesting to see how we best deploy Ayew, Grealish, Adama, McCormack and who misses out when everyone is fit for selection.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ravel and Jedinak would be boss. Ravel is more of a box to box player than I think people realise, he's certainly no luxury. 

Hypothetically, with those two in the squad, what do you think our best MF and forward formation would be? 

We desperately need some drive and energy in midfield an archetypal box to box midfielder. Diame would have been good, can't just have holding midfielders and have them pass the ball to Morrsion expecting him to do everything, there needs to be something in between. I'm hoping that one of the loans is for someone like Bentaleb.

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Jedinak - Tshibola

Ravel

Ayew - McCormack - Grealish

Or some such combo. I thought Tshibola had a positive impact when he came on and I want to see more. 

That would be a better team than we had in the Premier League. 

Rumours on Twitter that we'd bid £10.2m for Hernandez and triggered a release clause. 

• Like 2