Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He is terrible.

Blimey Trent do you think Newcastle are going to score about 10 goals this season?:lol: First Gayle now Mitro

Mitrovic isn't terrible, he did manage double figures in the prem and missed some sitters which he can work on.

Yes he's a headcase but again if that can be controlled he's going to be a good striker imo and will get 15-20 at this level.

If Benitez don't rate him I'd take him all day long but think he'll go abroad rather than swop clubs in the championship.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NASTY_LEE said:

But tbh, are players going to join a championship club on the off chance they might get a game? 

if they think that club are going to be promoted due to having a lot of really good players, maybe

35 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You could put together a pretty impressive 'low-light' reel of his misses from last season, absolutely garbage player of the highest order. 

Who's scoring for Newcastle this season out of interest?

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we sign Hernandez and Morrison then I think we will have the strongest forward line the league has ever seen. 

Only problem if we have Ayew, McCormack, Hernandez, Grealish, Ravel and Adama as our forward options...who's going to do the tracking back and pressing when we don't have the ball?

That's a little worry I have...we know Ayew can throw strops when games can become tough, McCormack according to Fulham fans didn't like tracking back, Grealish and Adama aren't really interested in tracking back and Hernandez just seems a goal poacher to me.

Our middle two/three are going to be overworked I worried and our midfield options aren't very good as things stand.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Only problem if we have Ayew, McCormack, Hernandez, Grealish, Ravel and Adama as our forward options...who's going to do the tracking back and pressing when we don't have the ball?

That's a little worry I have...we know Ayew can throw strops when games can become tough, McCormack according to Fulham fans didn't like tracking back, Grealish and Adama aren't really interested in tracking back and Hernandez just seems a goal poacher to me.

Our middle two/three are going to be overworked I worried and our midfield options aren't very good as things stand.

Agree, we need better quality in midfield, enforcers and players who can play with the ball from deep.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Evidently not him. It's clear to me that they lack a proper goal scorer and will need to sign one.

How did he manage 10 at prem level last season then?

If he can score that amount he'll comfortably at least add 5 as the defences in this league are so much poorer particularly against pace and movement.

Whether people rate Gayle and Mitrovic by default they'll score plenty as Newcastle will be one of the dominant teams in this division and will score plenty of goals over the 46 games.

It's like Cameron Jerome always getting 15-20 down here and hardly scoring in the premier league, same for Gestede. 

Just now, VillaChris said:

How did he manage 10 at prem level last season then?

If he can score that amount he'll comfortably at least add 5 as the defences in this league are so much poorer particularly against pace and movement.

Whether people rate Gayle and Mitrovic by default they'll score plenty as Newcastle will be one of the dominant teams in this division and will score plenty of goals over the 46 games.

It's like Cameron Jerome always getting 15-20 down here and hardly scoring in the premier league, same for Gestede. 

I think he scored 9. But if he was that good then he wouldn't be up for sale? He's a really poor player. 

Gayle, well, never been prolific outside of non-league so I'm not excepting him to set the division on fire.

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

They don't all have to pay at the same time! Blimey. 

RDM seems to have gone with 4-2-3-1 so certainly 4 will be playing particularly at home. I worry it will be a bit unbalanced.

I'd say getting in a proper DM like Jedinak is just as important as getting in another striker before the window closes.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

With Ayew and McCormack behind a front striker, I think Grealish will be getting a limited amount of playing time. I suspect we shall see very little of Adama. Morrison probably will not be here. I think Green, like Grealish, will get a limited amount of playing time. It is a long season, but we do need the numbers, and I think our youngsters will fill in as required. I think it will be great for their development, playing alongside experienced players.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Evidently not him. It's clear to me that they lack a proper goal scorer and will need to sign one.

They love a number 9 up there

• Like 1

I still think we need maybe 6 players?

Right back - no idea really? I've heard Henley of Blackburn mentioned before

Centre back to partner Elphick

Defensive midfielder - someone who can destroy... maybe a Bridcutt or Jedniak?

Attacking midfielder - someone who can run on past the strikers and who has vision - Ravel Morrison or Che Adams?

Winger - maybe Che Adams could play this role

Striker - partner for McCormack. Bamford or Hernandez

I have a funny feeling Ayew won't be here and will push for a move heading into deadline day. RDM said he wanted to cut the squad so I can't see us going into the new season with McCormack, a new striker (say, Hernandez), Ayew, Gestede, RHM, Gabby (for the time being) and Kozak. I would say 2 will be culled from that list

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

I still think we need maybe 6 players?

Right back - no idea really? I've heard Henley of Blackburn mentioned before

Centre back to partner Elphick

Defensive midfielder - someone who can destroy... maybe a Bridcutt or Jedniak?

Attacking midfielder - someone who can run on past the strikers and who has vision - Ravel Morrison or Che Adams?

Winger - maybe Che Adams could play this role

Striker - partner for McCormack. Bamford or Hernandez

I have a funny feeling Ayew won't be here and will push for a move heading into deadline day. RDM said he wanted to cut the squad so I can't see us going into the new season with McCormack, a new striker (say, Hernandez), Ayew, Gestede, RHM, Gabby (for the time being) and Kozak. I would say 2 will be culled from that list

Squad isn't exactly huge anymore so far we have 4 in Gollini, McCormack, Elphick & Tshibola.

8 have gone N'Zogbia, Richardson, Gueye, Clark, Sinclair, Crespo, Guzan, Gil.

Sanchez looks close to a move, we still need to shift a left back and a right back I think and as many of Libor, Gabby & Rudy as possible, Lescott is clearly not wanted.

I do think if we do get 7-8 more that more need to go though.

36 minutes ago, Folski said:

Squad isn't exactly huge anymore so far we have 4 in Gollini, McCormack, Elphick & Tshibola.

8 have gone N'Zogbia, Richardson, Gueye, Clark, Sinclair, Crespo, Guzan, Gil.

Sanchez looks close to a move, we still need to shift a left back and a right back I think and as many of Libor, Gabby & Rudy as possible, Lescott is clearly not wanted.

I do think if we do get 7-8 more that more need to go though.

And Veretout.

I would like to see Henri Lansbury in a Villa shirt before the end of the window. Think he'd be another fantastic signing that would be a huge asset in the Championship and could eventually be useful in the Prem.

Make it happen Di Matteo

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I'm not confident going in with Gollini as first choice. I'd like us to sign Pantilimon. Elliot would be my next preference.

I'm not sold on Bunn or Steer as back up either. Pantilimon and Golini would be a decent 2 keepers for a championship team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skarroki said:

I would like to see Henri Lansbury in a Villa shirt before the end of the window. Think he'd be another fantastic signing that would be a huge asset in the Championship and could eventually be useful in the Prem.

Make it happen Di Matteo

I'd like to see Angela Lansbury in a Villa shirt, but that's entirely my own problem. "Excitement she wrote..."

angela-lansbury-murder-she-wrote.jpg

• Like 2