Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Do you know what don't throw the baby out with the bath water . Took a lot of positive from that second half performance. You have to remember that the team we saw today will not start the majority of games this season. Despite that in the second half they dominated one of the better teams in this league and they can and will get better. 

Gollini will learn from his error. The team will gel better. McCormack will get better match fitness. Elphick will motivate the team more as they learn about him. The midflield will improve , Amavi will replace cissokho. 

We need improving in some areas but for me that second half performance today if we maintain that there are not many teams in that league that will live with us. Midfield for me is the area we need to improve both in terms of defensive midfield and attacking midfield.

jedinak alongside tshibola , Morrison in there alongside grealish and traore and I think we will do well this season. 

I agree with all of your post especially the bit I have bolded. We were especially poor in the midfield during the first half and looked a lot better when we bypassed them in the second, though I thought Westwood improved a lot at half time. Once we turned that screw we looked a different class to be fair, which surprised me a bit as whilst I hoped to come away with 3 points regardless I didn't quite expect us to look as good as we did. 

The fact that we didn't come away with any points despite that is annoying, but such is the beautiful game. Hopefully they will take the positives from this and kick on and maybe the manager has learned a thing or two about that midfield. 

I trust we will move swiftly. I expect a midfield signing this week. 

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I agree with all of your post especially the bit I have bolded. We were especially poor in the midfield during the first half and looked a lot better when we bypassed them in the second, though I thought Westwood improved a lot at half time. Once we turned that screw we looked a different class to be fair, which surprised me a bit as whilst I hoped to come away with 3 points regardless I didn't quite expect us to look as good as we did. 

The fact that we didn't come away with any points despite that is annoying, but such is the beautiful game. Hopefully they will take the positives from this and kick on and maybe the manager has learned a thing or two about that midfield. 

I trust we will move swiftly. I expect a midfield signing this week. 

Dave I expect at least two midfield signings this week

7 minutes ago, Richard said:

Do you know what don't throw the baby out with the bath water . Took a lot of positive from that second half performance. You have to remember that the team we saw today will not start the majority of games this season. Despite that in the second half they dominated one of the better teams in this league and they can and will get better. 

Gollini will learn from his error. The team will gel better. McCormack will get better match fitness. Elphick will motivate the team more as they learn about him. The midflield will improve , Amavi will replace cissokho. 

We need improving in some areas but for me that second half performance today if we maintain that there are not many teams in that league that will live with us. Midfield for me is the area we need to improve both in terms of defensive midfield and attacking midfield.

jedinak alongside tshibola , Morrison in there alongside grealish and traore and I think we will do well this season. 

Good post.  Hopefuly we can get the new signings done soon and get them working on the training pitch.

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Dave I expect at least two midfield signings this week

Two would be great, but I expect Tshibola to come in for Gardner now at least and adding in another would be good progress.

Either way Westwood and Gardner just does not work and will not work IMO. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, useless said:

positionally Jedinak is very similar to what we've already got, there's no point have a load of holding midfielders and nothing in front of them.

when your midfield is getting walked through every game for 4 seasons then you need a good holding midfielder

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Two would be great, but I expect Tshibola to come in for Gardner now at least and adding in another would be good progress.

---------jedinak ------------tshibola

morrison--------Ayew---------------grealish

-----------------McCormack 

with th plenty of options on the bench . 

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think Westwood and Gardner as a duo have neither the strength nor dynamism between then to control a central midfield.

Gardner in particular had a terrible game but as Trent said, it seems he was deployed as part of either a 442 or 451 at Forest. With our current squad, it would seem that GG could actually be more of a luxury player than someone like Jack, as he would probably need two other CM's around him in order for him to operate effectively.

Having said that, Sheff Wed are one of the best teams in the league, so I'm actually encouraged that we're building a good enough squad to cope with the number of games this season.

Think Jedinak is a tad out of reach unfortunately. Might have to raid one of our fellow championship sides for one of their middle men - not quite sure who though. Definite midfielder needed though. Maybe a RB as well as I don't have full confidence in Hutton - whenever he is anywhere near our area I get nervous...

The centre midfield signing is the key one - it needs to be a first on the team sheet, leader type to compliment our other leaders - Gollini, Elphick, and McCormack. Joey Barton would have been perfect. Barry or jedinek or perhaps bridcutt are the only ones that come to mind currently. I think then one of Tishbola, Westeood and Gardner would look better. 

Once that one is in we need a ST to replace Gestede in the first XI, a RB to replace Hutton, and a creative midfielder to replace Bacuna. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

Can anyone slightly ITK ease my fears that a RB is being looked at? ...please?

Why?

When we have so many mediocre to poor players in other areas, why are you so bothered about a RB?  Hutton did nothing wrong today and if you think replacing him is easy then lets hear your suggestions.

A RB is one of the very last position we need to be worrying about at present. 

• Like 3

We definitely need more quality players in midfield. We are seriously lacking there, I'd like to have 5 players battling for the 2 sometimes 3 starting midfield positions.  We need proper competition for places in all positions if we are gonna do well this year and achieve promotion.  I'd also like another quality striker, an experienced defender and perhaps a right back.