Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

24 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's absolutely shite, couldn't hit a barn door and is always a red card waiting to happen.

Ha ha, shows how much attention I was paying to the barcodes last year! I think it sounds like we've got other irons in the fire, so I imagine we'll steer clear. 

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Anyone take Cyrus Christie (Derby) for right back

He deputised for Seamus Coleman in the Euros qualifiers and would've felt hard done by to lose his spot when Coleman came back. I think it may have been the win over Germany where he was MOM.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I like Mitrovic.  Would be surprised if Newcastle were looking to sell.  

Yep - he gives Newcastle another option such is the depth of the squad (defense excluded :P) and that is one of the main reasons they are favourites.

Trent's right.

You should never buy a 'squad' player, that's loser talk.

You buy a player that is going to compete to start straight away. So, if we're looking for another striker, we should be looking for one better than McCormack. That way, McCormack and said striker have to play brilliantly to keep their place. 

We've bought too many of these 'squad' players over the years. All our players should be fully aware that if they don't play well, there are players ready to come in and take their place.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Batth and Wells would go well together.

They would go through defenses like a red hot poker.... 

Sorry a bit late with the Blackadder references I know. 

37 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Being better than those isn't really a criteria by which we should be buying players though is it.

In my eyes bettering your existing players is a sign of an improvement and I feel mitrovic playing alongside McCormack would certainly give us best attack in championship