Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

In my eyes bettering your existing players is a sign of an improvement and I feel mitrovic playing alongside McCormack would certainly give us best attack in championship

What I inferred from Trent's post is that you could buy a player who is better than Gabby, Kozak and Gestede but he may still be absolute garbage considering how woeful those three are.

But really it comes down to you rating Mitrovic and Trent not. I'm with Trent on this one. In the words of the immortal (and gorgeous) Shania Twain:

'That don't impress me much.'

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

In my eyes bettering your existing players is a sign of an improvement and I feel mitrovic playing alongside McCormack would certainly give us best attack in championship

Not when the existing players in question aren't going to get a game.

None of the Newcastle fans I know think he is any good, in fact he is a bit of a joke. He is decent in the air and works hard but lacks quality, is a poor finisher and a constant liability with his over aggression.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't agree. He is better than gabby kozak and Rudy in my opinion. My only concern is his hot headed. 

I don't know much about him, other than remembering bethe sitters he missed for them at Villa Park last season, when they were looking like the might escape the drop if they beat us.

his movement was good but his finishing was shocking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Ha,  should really read what I've written before posting.... 

I do it all the time. I have a terrible habit of adding 'though' on the end of a number of my sentences.

Other than that I'm not that bad, though.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

None of the Newcastle fans I know think he is any good, in fact he is a bit of a joke. He is decent in the air and works hard but lacks quality, is a poor finisher and a constant liability with his over aggression.

You could put together a pretty impressive 'low-light' reel of his misses from last season, absolutely garbage player of the highest order. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Anyone else think PieFacE is hiding something?

I honestly don't know.......honestly.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, NASTY_LEE said:

I think Hernandez as a mobile, physical focal point with Ayew and McCormack dropping off would be lethal. There's 50+ goals there easily.  

McCormack spent a lot of time at Leeds coming in from the left and was very effective at it.

19 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think Gabby, Kozak and Gestade  pretty much cover those attributes already.

28 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Ha, sounds like me.....except the air bit!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

Hold on. I saw this, which has valid points, but...

...you've actually just said a racist, sexist, xenophobic, absolute waste of human space is "less abhorant" than someone who is essentially nothing more than another corrupt politician?

**** me.  It's wildly off topic but I'm staggered anyone of sound mind could be "favouring" Donald Trump over anyone. ANYONE.

You're essentially ignoring the fact that she's not just "another corrupt politician". Or the media are at least.

She's a neo conservative war warngering sociopath. She thinks nothing of lying to the FBI, to congress, to the American people. Big lies too, she's compulsive. Anything to progress herself. Trump is an outdated, xenophobic biggot (I'd contest the racism part). He's a dinosaur from another age who has no right to be in this race, but closing the boarders and building a wall at least does not make him dangerous to the rest of the world. It doesn't make him Adolf Hitler. Hilary has the potential to cause world war three, if you think things are dicey in the Middle East now you wait till she gets her fingers in the pie. 

"Favouring" one over the other does not mean I agree with the views of the one I favour. You get that right?

• Like 2