Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

10 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

Why?

When we have so many mediocre to poor players in other areas, why are you so bothered about a RB?  Hutton did nothing wrong today and if you think replacing him is easy then lets hear your suggestions.

A RB is one of the very last position we need to be worrying about at present. 

If we play 4-3-3, as we did today, then we need wing backs who can get up and down, Hutton can't do that effectively and was hopelessly exposed on numerous occasions.

Edited by Supervillan78

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

If we play 4-3-3, as we did today, we need wing backs who can get up and down, Hutton can't, and was hopelessly exposed numerous times.

Also, Bacuna and Richards have consistently proven they can't play RB successfully, so we have very little cover there.

1 minute ago, Supervillan78 said:

If we play 4-3-3, as we did today, we need wing backs who can get up and down, Hutton can't, and was hopelessly exposed numerous times.

If you think there are wing backs out there who bomb up and down more than Hutton and who will play in the championship, then I'd be interested to see who?

I would like to see Hutton replaced.  However, the point is that there are far more urgent areas that need addressing.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Also, Bacuna and Richards have consistently proven they can't play RB successfully, so we have very little cover there.

Whilst undeniably true, I'm also of the view that there are about 5 places where I'd rather we improve.

3 hours ago, Richard said:

---------jedinak ------------tshibola

morrison--------Ayew---------------grealish

-----------------McCormack 

with th plenty of options on the bench . 

As a unit I'd say that is better than anything we have fielded for at least 4 or 5 years. After watching todays game we aren't a million miles away from being competitive, which would be a remarkable turn around. 3 or 4 decent signings and i think we'll do ok. 

I think improving on the right back is a pretty big deal and we need to do it.  Huttons delivery is so poor all attacks from the right generally come to nothing,  leaving us very exposed when he puts a ball in.  

For me we need. 

RB,  CM,  CM,  CB,  STC.  

Minimum of 5 players and we're desperate for them imo.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I think improving on the right back is a pretty big deal and we need to do it.  Huttons delivery is so poor all attacks from the right generally come to nothing,  leaving us very exposed when he puts a ball in.  

For me we need. 

RB,  CM,  CM,  CB,  STC.  

Completely agree. RB is essential. Huttons average rb. 

We desperately need a midfielder who is composed on the ball and can pick a pass, a big physical presence is exactly what we are missing. Championship is a very physical league so unless we address this ASAP we will be losing an awful lot more games like yesterday. Looking at it again I think Wednesday were there for the taking and we played well in parts, with a few additions I think we will be extremely strong, just need to get the first win and get up and running. It's a long season ahead! 

17 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

For me we need. 

RB,  CM,  CM,  CB,  STC.  

I agree about Hutton, not sure about the rest, 3 will do it for me.

Getting Gestede and off the pitch is vital for me, it will be like getting an 11th player again. The other is obviously a midfield leader.

I dont think we are that far away from a very good team at this level.

30 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

For me we need. 

RB,  CM,  CM,  CB,  STC.  

This.

It's all well and good saying Hutton gets up and down the wing all game but if there is no final delivery when he's forward then his endless running is pretty pointless.

We need a RB that can defend as well as get forward and put decent balls into the box. Basically a RB that perform all areas of his job...

9 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Ravel Morrison would transform our midfield. 

Im not so sure he would! He could be...or he could be a complete luxury we cant afford, like the rest of the teams he has played for.

If he comes in so be it, but im not sure id be gambling much on him being a succcess.

Id rather us sort the 3 other vital areas first.

16 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Possibly into something even worse though. I definitely wouldn't run the risk. 

I absolutely would. I think his time in Italy has shown him a different type of life compared to what he knew from his limited education. Surrounding himself with players like Elphick and McCormack can only add to that, whilst RDM is someone he could have watched and looked up to when he was a player.

As far as his footballing ability goes, he's big, powerful and head and shoulders above any player we've signed in many a year - and I include Benteke in that.

Natural talent-wise he's very gifted. For me it's a risk worth taking.