Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Xia I know hasn't said two strikers only. Two strikers and a creative midfielder to reinforce the 'spine'. Hopefully the 'spine' part means other reinforcements possible. Need more than one more additional creative player.

• Like 1

It wasn't a dig at Xia, if anything it was the opposite. I think we need one more striker but Xia says that hopefully we're going to get two, I'm not complaining about that.

Surely 3 isnt enough. If a big bid comes in for Ayew or a few release clauses are met for Veretout etc. Players he may have been planning on keeping then we may have to buy more. Really depends who goes as well i would imagine. 

9 hours ago, useless said:

It's not my custom to read Sun headlines, or make a remembrance of their style. I recommend the signing of striker but then point out that Xia has indicated that we're going to go for more than one, not that I'm complaining about that, but given the amount we already have I thought, other positions might be more urgent, once we've signed at least one more striker.

You list RB and CB which is 2 positions we have a lot of players. Yet you seem to want more of those than you do strikers so it's quite nonsensical. The squad needs trimming. Then it needs improving. That goes for virtually every position. I'd say scoring goals was our main weakness last year so it's the area that needs looking at most that cover the strikers and creative midfielder. I'd be happy for now to wait for a CB but I believe RB is the next priority. I think we'll add another 2/3 regardless then it's all about getting the squad down. Last year showed what a disenfranchised squad can do. 

We defo need strikers, I reckon we need 3, and Gestede or Kozak. We need some one quick to lead the line, like a Defoe or Saunders. Ayew is bound to go, but if he stays he will play wider I would think. We need a plan b though.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-marseille-11606087

Aston Villa transfer news: Marseille to bid for second Villa star

The Ligue 1 side are likely to miss out on Idrissa Gana so now they want this man instead

Marseille will turn their attention to Carlos Sanchez after missing out on his Aston Villa team-mate Idrissa Gana.

The Ligue 1 side will bid £3m for the Colombian international and are confident of getting their man.

Gana was originally the midfielder they were after but Villa are not interested in selling.

And sources in France have also told the Birmingham Mail that the cash-strapped club couldn’t afford the £7m transfer fee required to meet his buy-out clause which is why Sanchez is now on the radar.

Scouts watched the 30-year-old in action at this summer’s Copa America and a formal bid is expected to be lodged in the coming days.

Marseille's owner is a billionaire heiress. How could they be strapped for cash? Surely she could share a bit out since you know, she was given it for doing **** all other than popping out of the right womb! Regardless, suits us.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Well I'm just looking forward to our "powerful strikers with bullets loaded" arriving within the next fortnight.:ph34r:

More powerful than this guy or Dr X out!

690.jpg

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

Marseille's owner is a billionaire heiress. How could they be strapped for cash? Surely she could share a bit out since you know, she was given it for doing **** all other than popping out of the right womb! Regardless, suits us.

Randy Lerner is a billionaire, but it's about how much owners are willing spend rather than how much their worth. Luckily for us Xia sounds like he's willing to invest :)