Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, alreadyexists said:

If we can field something like this (it is a bit of a leap I know including Bamford and others linked with leaving) then I think we'd be in with a shot of a finish towards the top of the league.

Gollini

Richards   Elphick   Okore   Amavi

Gana     Tshibola

Adama                           Grealish

Ayew  

Bamford   

I'd be surprised if Ayew is here by the start of the season hence why I think we need two strikers and Grealish isn't a winger really so a left sided creative midfielder is needed. Grealish can play in other formations we are bound to need during the season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If we can field something like this (it is a bit of a leap I know including Bamford and others linked with leaving) then I think we'd be in with a shot of a finish towards the top of the league.

Gollini

Gana     Tshibola

Ayew  

Bamford   

New RB maybe??

1 minute ago, Flynnchin84 said:

New RB maybe??

Ideally, and I think Richards will be off, he's such a toys out of the pram player. Not sure who we could get...?

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I'd be surprised if Ayew is here by the start of the season hence why I think we need two strikers and Grealish isn't a winger really so a left sided creative midfielder is needed. Grealish can play in other formations we are bound to need during the season.

Yeah, I know Grealish isn't really a wide player, I was just sort of trying tosee who could play there to add width. I would like to see Jack get in the side more too, so maybe wishful thinking. 

24 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yeah, I know Grealish isn't really a wide player, I was just sort of trying tosee who could play there to add width. I would like to see Jack get in the side more too, so maybe wishful thinking. 

I actually think that is where he plays best - seems to know what to do when he is out there

3 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Looking forward to hearing some credible links to strikers with bullets - come on Villa it has been days now since we signed someone.

Bullet you say, maybe Dr Xia is giving us a cryptic clue about our new forward. Bullet = Detective Jake Bullet from Red Dwarf, which is Kryten, who looks a lot like Joe Lolley of Huddersfield Town FC and former VT poster.

There you go case solved, our new forward is Joe Lolley.

red-dwarf-back-to-reality-jake-bullet-cy

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 3

Aston Villa are weighing up a move for Preston North End defender Gregg Cunningham, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

The Republic of Ireland international enjoyed a fantastic debut season for Simon Grayson's side and he was named as Players' Player of the Season as well as Fans' Player of the Season at the club's end of season awards.

Cunningham made 46 appearances in all competitions and played a key role in helping Preston to a successful campaign in their first season back in the Championship.

Cunningham's form has alerted several of Preston's Championship rivals and Aston Villa are keeping a close eye on his situation at Deepdale as Roberto Di Matteo looks to bolster his full-back options.

Cunningham is entering the final year of his contract at Preston after signing a two-year contract on his arrival from Bristol City last summer.

Just now, Flynnchin84 said:

Aston Villa are weighing up a move for Preston North End defender Gregg Cunningham, HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club.

The Republic of Ireland international enjoyed a fantastic debut season for Simon Grayson's side and he was named as Players' Player of the Season as well as Fans' Player of the Season at the club's end of season awards.

Cunningham made 46 appearances in all competitions and played a key role in helping Preston to a successful campaign in their first season back in the Championship.

Cunningham's form has alerted several of Preston's Championship rivals and Aston Villa are keeping a close eye on his situation at Deepdale as Roberto Di Matteo looks to bolster his full-back options.

Cunningham is entering the final year of his contract at Preston after signing a two-year contract on his arrival from Bristol City last summer.

Yes!! Would be absolutely delighted with this signing. Plus he shares the same surname as my family so instantly, he'll be our hero :lol:.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Gollini

Gana     Tshibola

Ayew  

Bamford   

This is pretty much how I see it, although I'd have Ayew up top with Grealish in behind and then spend big on a new left winger.
You could even put Amavi there and play Cissokho as a left back as I think Amavi is good enough to play a more advanced role.

Height at centre back is still a worry. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is pretty much how I see it, although I'd have Ayew up top with Grealish in behind and then spend big on a new left winger.
You could even put Amavi there and play Cissokho as a left back as I think Amavi is good enough to play a more advanced role.

Height at centre back is still a worry. 

Cissokho is one of the worst left backs we've had at Villa... (One of, I know we have had plenty). I hope he is nowhere near our team next year.

5 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Cissokho is one of the worst left backs we've had at Villa... (One of, I know we have had plenty). I hope he is nowhere near our team next year.

Bang in this Gregg Cunningham and then Delphinos selection could be top 6. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Not having that mate. 

When he came back from loan he made our defence better. As much as he could do alone anyway. He was average, but did actually stop some attacks and crosses coming in from the left.  

Better then Richardson all day. 

• Like 4