Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

nope he did win it :lol:

Yep, I still don't know how.  I for one voted for Petrov. Ireland had about 6 decent games that year which is still more than Grealish has had in his career, but still not POTS in my eyes.

Just now, Straggler said:

Yep, I still don't know how.  I for one voted for Petrov. Ireland had about 6 decent games that year which is still more than Grealish has had in his career, but still not POTS in my eyes.

Robbie Keane played 6 games that season and was better than Ireland did

• Like 1

I always presumed the Ireland POTS was some sort of joke / ironic protest against the board? Was it not? Jesus. Pretty sure I voted for Robbie Keane [emoji3]

I always thought it was something to do with having a player who attempted forward passes (no matter how badly) in a team filled with defenders.

What about Charlie Adam?

Would be a solid midfielder. He can pass,shoot,scoring from freekicks,make corners.

He isn't the best defensive midfielder tho.

But still good or nah?

I'd take Adam next season, definitely. He is quite slow, but hopefully next to a Gardner/Westwood type doing the legwork, he'd be a decent asset.

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'd take Adam next season, definitely. He is quite slow, but hopefully next to a Gardner/Westwood type doing the legwork, he'd be a decent asset.

I'd also take him regardless of what division we're in, I've always admired albeit from a distance 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I always thought it was something to do with having a player who attempted forward passes (no matter how badly) in a team filled with defenders.

How badly have things become to be looking back fondly on the performances of the ghost of Villa Park.

11 hours ago, Rob182 said:

but James Collins played more forward passed though usually went for goal kicks 

*he would still walk back into our team now*

On 3/31/2016 at 13:13, Denis242 said:

Yes I know I made a mistake there. ^_^

Where you from Denis? as you have mentioned some promising foreign players to be fair i have never heard of before and had to look up!! some good suggestions

And welcome to Villa Talk :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

steel' in the midfield...

Wouldn't be bad. I even like his personality, I don't know why.:D

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Where you from Denis? as you have mentioned some promising foreign players to be fair i have never heard of before and had to look up!! some good suggestions

And welcome to Villa Talk :)

Thx man. I am from Bielefeld (Germany), and I must admit I searched a bit for my suggestions but I think the foreign players could be interesting. ;)

Edited by Denis242
  • Like 2

On 3/31/2016 at 13:44, Denis242 said:

What about Charlie Adam?

Would be a solid midfielder. He can pass,shoot,scoring from freekicks,make corners.

He isn't the best defensive midfielder tho.

But still good or nah?

I was going to mention him, hasn't been in the Stoke side recently but was in good form for them not so long ago and regularly scores goals when he gets a run. Good set piece taker aswell.

If we're looking for a Kevin Nolan type who scored 15 when Newcastle were in the championship, I think Adam's as good a target as any.

• Like 4

Gueye wanted by marseille for £8mill, representing a 1 mill loss. If that's the sort of hit we'll take selling the newbies, then we'll have well over £40 mill in the bank from total player sales this summer - got to be the biggest budget in the championship.

59 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Gueye wanted by marseille for £8mill, representing a 1 mill loss. If that's the sort of hit we'll take selling the newbies, then we'll have well over £40 mill in the bank from total player sales this summer - got to be the biggest budget in the championship.

Let's face it, Mr Stepping Stone (as per his comments when he joined Villa) is not going to stick around so this is probably about as good business as we can make regarding him. 

It's funny how if this does happen, he'd essentially be taking a side step in terms of his progression in France. 

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

in fairness he be only one we would make that much back on. Nobody will pay the money we paid for Veretout or Ayew

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Let's face it, Mr Stepping Stone (as per his comments when he joined Villa) is not going to stick around so this is probably about as good business as we can make regarding him. 

It's funny how if this does happen, he'd essentially be taking a side step in terms of his progression in France. 

His ambition is far greater than his ability