Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I prefer signing players like Sinclair and Richards from Man City ;)

Richards didn't come from City ... But after him Lescott , Givenand Ireland we should make it law that we never sign another player again that played for them ... They've got their revenge for Vassell now let's call it quits

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Richards didn't come from City ... But after him Lescott , Givenand Ireland we should make it law that we never sign another player again that played for them ... They've got their revenge for Vassell now let's call it quits

As I've said before, it's not where they've come from, it's who they are and who we are. 

Barry and Distin were good signings for Everton. There's no particular reason Man City players have to be a disaster. We just buy the wrong ones and everyone we buy turns to shit anyway. 

15 hours ago, villa89 said:

Jesus people actually want to see us sign players from Gillingham and reading now. How low can we go?

Since ive been watchin villa from the 80s the bulk of our top players and most successful signings have been from lower  down the food chain clubs that most fans at the time raised their eyebrows at..... I'm talking Platty, Yorke, Delaney, Bosnich, Taylor, Teale, Townsend, Cox, Barrett etc............ even McGrath, Saunders, Houghton, Townsend and Staunton were busted flushes at bigger clubs.................. just simply spending £20m or whatever on ready made players at the top of their game has never worked at Villa...........

What we badly need is a captain, a leader (preferably more than one, too) who can play either centre defence or centre midfield. Boss the team on the pitch and lift the heads of the players.

I understand unearthing a player like this nowadays is a bit of a holy grail.

We need some players who have played a solid amount of games at Championship level. Players like Hal Robson-Kanu or Alan Judge and we need a good 5 or 6 of those I think. Players who are not past it too. 

Luckily we can recall Robinson, Baker and Gardner who all at this level would be solid squad members. Then we probably need to dip into the loan market. We ought to have a pretty decent side next season for that level. Emphasis on ought to. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

We need some players who have played a solid amount of games at Championship level. Players like Hal Robson-Kanu or Alan Judge and we need a good 5 or 6 of those I think. Players who are not past it too. 

Luckily we can recall Robinson, Baker and Gardner who all at this level would be solid squad members. Then we probably need to dip into the loan market. We ought to have a pretty decent side next season for that level. Emphasis on ought to. 

I would rather we didn't sign shit footballers to be honest.

• Like 1

This boy sounds like he could be worth a punt

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/the-scout-high-hopes-for-huddersfields-big-billing

At just 19 years of age, one of Huddersfield Town’s brightest prospects is certainly starting to turn a few heads. It’s no surprise when you note that the left-footed central midfielder is a towering 6ft 6in tall..........

We should try and keep a core of players together if we can, whilst supplementing them with the next young emerging talents. Coupled with our own academy prospects and one or two senior experienced pros hopefully we can compile a squad worthy of automatic promotion st the first attempt. 

With Krulak back I guess anything can happen.

If possible I'm going to put money on a deadline day return to VP of the one and great Emile William Ivanhoe Heskey

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I would rather we didn't sign shit footballers to be honest.

Judge is a very good player at that level, at a push a newly promoted team might sign him.

Robson-Kanu isn't great but he does a decent job for Wales at creating space for Bale with his hardworking style.

Personally I'd look at Dwight Gayle, mentioned him in January, he still can't get a game at Palace and I think he'd be a big hit here as he has pace and comes alive in the 6 yard box. Scored loads for Posh in that division.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Judge is far from shit and would walk into our team

Signing players like Alan Judge is not going to get us out of the Championship.

Mid to late twneties footballer....has had one season in sea of mediocrity, who does that remind me of...?

Edited by rodders0223

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Signing players like Alan Judge is not going to get us out of the Championship.

Mid to late twneties footballer....has had one season in sea of mediocrity, who does that remind me of...?

What will get us out of the Championship then?

Mid to late twenties - what when players usually come into their prime? 

7 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

In fairness so would you and I. Not really an achievement getting in this current Villa side. We need leadership on the pitch and need this club to tighten up defensively to remotely compete in the championship.

This. One of my mates I think could have made it pro if he got the breaks/scouted etc. Absolutely brilliant RW or CAM. still plays semi pro, he's 27 now and miles above the rest of the team, which isn't poor. Seriously think he could get into this match day squad.