Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just seen us linked to Raul Meireles.

Now that would be the perfect signing to help fill they fashion void left by Djemba Djemba, especially now that N'Zogbia is finally leaving

raul-meireles2-e1427887690446.png2(3).jpgFormer Chelsea and Liverpool midfielder Raul Meireles poses for a photo while riding a motorbike 

Edited by sne

I'm sure he is itching to leave the Sun in Turkey to come and play for Nigel Pearson in grey old  Brum oh and swop Champions league for the championship ;) 

But all joking aside he would add needed quality to our midfield. Shame it's a year too late and can't see it happening. 

On 19/03/2016 at 11:53, guyavfc said:

Hope we go for Zack Clough, young and has shown he is a great player that level in a really poor Bolton team. Would be very cheap too.

Agreed with this - looks like a decent prospect and has performed well this season.  I'd imagine a few Premier League (next season) clubs will be eyeing him up, though.

Rico Henry from Walsall would be a intelligent signing.

Amavi might not be up to full speed at the beginning of the season (if he's still here) and he'll probably be off in January anyway.

• Like 3

Peter Crouch could be a shout. He has the experience and his age would not be such an issue in the league below. The price might be for right us and his try out for England Lionesses went pear shaped on Friday didn't it. ;)

• Like 1

Difference between Villa and teams built up in the lower leagues (Bournemouth, Swansea, Leicester) is that young, hungry players come to Villa and think they have made it the moment they get through the door due to the size and history of the club.  They seem to take their foot of the gas rather than want to work to get better.

i am not sure how you change that and do a "Southampton"!  I am not really sure what the best strategy is as we don't really belong where we are heading but the type of players we should be seeing won't want to drop down.

we Could do what little did and buy in the cream of that division, but think the world has changed since then.

How much game time does Walters get at Stoke now? (and how old is he?)

He'd be a decent 'experienced head' to throw into a Championship Villa Team, in my opinion.

We need a few of those players that will genuinely give their all in a game.

11 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

How much game time does Walters get at Stoke now? (and how old is he?)

He'd be a decent 'experienced head' to throw into a Championship Villa Team, in my opinion.

We need a few of those players that will genuinely give their all in a game.

He will be 34 in September. He does seem to give it everything when he does play currently but there is a fine line between that and a final pay day as Lambert has proved to be for Albion for example.