Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

Gueye wanted by marseille for £8mill, representing a 1 mill loss. If that's the sort of hit we'll take selling the newbies, then we'll have well over £40 mill in the bank from total player sales this summer - got to be the biggest budget in the championship.

Probably the highest budget, but also the team in the league with the biggest rebuilding project.

Tall order to build an entire new team for £40 m, even in the Championship

12 hours ago, Jareth said:

Gueye wanted by marseille for £8mill, representing a 1 mill loss. If that's the sort of hit we'll take selling the newbies, then we'll have well over £40 mill in the bank from total player sales this summer - got to be the biggest budget in the championship.

No brainer to sell at that price. Despite the impressive stats he just looks as poor as anyone else when we go a goal down. We can find an average player to do his job next year, get McCann out of retirement if needs be!

Fulham are just about hanging on in the championship thanks to the goals by Ross Mccormack. Price was high but if they stay up it will be worth it despite the shambles they are in.

We need to make sure we have a consistent goalscorer in that league to stay there let alone promotion.

15 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Fulham are just about hanging on in the championship thanks to the goals by Ross Mccormack. Price was high but if they stay up it will be worth it despite the shambles they are in.

We need to make sure we have a consistent goalscorer in that league to stay there let alone promotion.

I thought Fulham signed McCormack to get promoted back to the premier league? Same with Blackburn and Rhodes.

As poor as he looks Gestede scored similar amounts to those two down there but after the shambles this season do not pin all the hopes on him, another decent striker is needed, I'd go for Gayle from Palace. We need as much pace as possible in the final third.

• Like 1

They probably did but if anything it shows coming up won't be easy. Fulham and QPR have got it drastically wrong. We are no different to QPR as it stands, a poor squad with poor attitude.

Promotion is a million miles off. A consistent goalscorer gives you a chance, we had Benteke who pretty much did the same thing for us in this league.

Gayle might be a good option. If we are to put faith in Gestede we need to alter the whole playing style and squad, we need wingers to start with.

• Like 1

Will Keane & Tom Bradshaw would be a good start then hopefully supported by Ayew plus Gestede & academy grads then that's the attack sorted. Daniel Bentley or Sam Johnstone in goal. Just defence and midfield to go. 

No brainer to sell at that price. Despite the impressive stats he just looks as poor as anyone else when we go a goal down. We can find an average player to do his job next year, get McCann out of retirement if needs be!

Neil?

Gana is one of the few I would want to keep.  I would be willing to sell quite a few at a short loss, but not him.  I would want to see a profit before I would sell.  Yeah, having some cash to get some new players is important, but there are some I would want to keep and would not sell on unless I could see a "profit"  Others, we can sell at a loss and I'm OK with that.  Quite a few I would let them go for free as long as we could quit paying their wages.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AshVilla said:

The same Gayle that was partying in the same nightclub with frasier campbell agbonlahor and richards?

he scored today compared to others

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

you dont mean that, McCann one of worst midfielders we ever had. Gana stats are impressive except the most fouls in league stat

I'd like to see us try and get someone like Kramaric on loan from Leicester for next season if at all possible. He would score bagloads in Championship.

He is on loan at Hoffenheim at moment and has 4 goals in 8 games and in running to get the player of the month award.

Alex Mowatt, Alex Pritchard, Eunan O'Kane ( don't think he'll nail down a starting place at Bournemouth, they'll add more ) Rico Henry. If a club of our ilk - I'm talking our name, we MUST use it in the summer whilst it still means something. Those boys would be solid additions. I'd rather we bought the likes of those who we know would light that league up and still are young enough to be good enough to play premier league football.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Richard said:

We will need around 10 players I think

goalie

3 defenders 

3 midfielders 

3 forward players 

and we will have around 25 million to spend 

That's fair enough.

Is the 25m purely from what you think we'll bring in on sales Richard?

I think the thing people need to remember is it isn't the premier league anymore, you don't need to spend the small GDP of an African country to be competitive in the championship. Our neighbours down the road, Cardiff and Brighton are all teams in the top 8 who spent hardly anything in the summer.

Burnley used most of their budget on Gray and then added a free transfer like Barton and a 1m Lowton....

How much we spend after last summer dosen't bother me....we need players of the right character and bottle. Having some pace aswell would help.

has there been any speculation yet?

the situation is getting worst, will money be spent? we the next manager be allowed to completely overhaul the first team that is so desperately needed?

its clearly obvious that a new keeper, centre back, defensive midfielder, attacking midfielder and a striker are urgently needed, a new spine.