Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Id rather we go after some Chileans!

They shut down Messi Aguero etc.. Iceland didnt have to shut down anything. England didnt throw anything at them. 

• Like 1

FWIW..... i would love for us to get mccormack. Some of his goals are just pure class finishing. His goal scoring record is consistent wherever he has been. 15 Million is laughable. Id test them with a 7-8 million bid. Offer them Gabby in exchange. 

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

FWIW..... i would love for us to get mccormack. Some of his goals are just pure class finishing. His goal scoring record is consistent wherever he has been. 15 Million is laughable. Id test them with a 7-8 million bid. Offer them Gabby in exchange. 

£7m - £8m would not be much of a test for them. We could include Gabby as part of a deal but that would take the price up to £30m. ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John said:

£7m - £8m would not be much of a test for them. We could include Gabby as part of a deal but that would take the price up to £30m. ;)

Or back down to 4 million. ;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Noticed we have been linked with a costa rican defensive midfielder Yeltsin Tejeda never heard of him

he was class in the World Cup but seemed to be dropped by Costa Rica for this Copa America. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Now would be a great time for Tim Sherwood to get a job.

He would be good for England. (not right now)  He doesnt have to sign players..  the squad picks itself.. hes english and as much as i dont like him.. is a great motivator. Think he would be a better international manager than club manager. 

Edited by KSV

Dr X quoted in the Brum Mail yesterday saying that a 'strong striker' is the priority. I assume he means a good/top striker, as opposed to a strong Grant Holt real-man type!

There was another Brum Mail article a few days ago that, whilst it didn't have any quotes, said that we were looking at a striker, a goalkeeper and a creative midfielder as our main targets.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KSV said:

Id rather we go after some Chileans!

They shut down Messi Aguero etc.. Iceland didnt have to shut down anything. England didnt throw anything at them. 

I remember Sanchez marking Messi out of a game. He's not the same player at international level. 

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Dr X quoted in the Brum Mail yesterday saying that a 'strong striker' is the priority. I assume he means a good/top striker, as opposed to a strong Grant Holt real-man type!

He must be on about Ade Akinfenwa, he's available on a free transfer so it will save Dr X some cash!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

There was another Brum Mail article a few days ago that, whilst it didn't have any quotes, said that we were looking at a striker, a goalkeeper and a creative midfielder as our main targets.

In another exclusive yesterday the Mail revealed it was Monday.

• Like 1

Right, I could really do with some transfer news to get me through the 5 and a bit weeks til the season starts. It feels like last season finished in about January, although that's pretty much when the players gave up so I suppose that makes sense.

35 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Was this from the Man who wasn't going to interfere with transfers ?

And how can he possibly know we need a striker - before the July training camp....

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

And how can he possibly know we need a striker - before the July training camp....

Maybe he was the one person who bought and watched the Season Review on Blu Ray? :D

• Like 1