Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

19 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

You what?

RDM said he wouldn't be reshaping the squad until after he has assessed the players after the July training camp. 

Personally I can't think of  anyone we  would sign,  that would leave us saying:-

"why have we signed him - we have (insert any current squad player) in that position "

Edited by hippo

1 minute ago, hippo said:

RDM said he wouldn't be reshaping the squad until after he has assessed the players after the July training camp. 

Personally I can think anyone would sign that we leave us saying

"why have we signed him - we have (insert any current squad player) in that position "

I'm even more confused now.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Maybe he was the one person who bought and watched the Season Review on Blu Ray? :D

We sold one?!

seriously if we do sign anyone between now and training camp it will be in positions that either:

1. That player has said they want out for whatever reason and will need to be replaced; or

2. A position that is so deficient that it we need someone there (e.g. Elphick).

And also during discussions between RDM and Xia I am sure RDM would have mentioned who he wants and where he needs to strengthen so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he would know where we need to strengthen. So talk of a striker, creative midfielder and goalkeeper are pretty obvious. Hell, this was where even Garde was looking to strengthen, it is not rocket science!

I think we'll sign Bamford.

Won't cost as much as likes of McCormack and Rhodes.

Can't see many premier league teams touching him after his failures at Palace and Norwich last season but he is proven at championship level with Derby (8 in second half of 13/14 season) and 17 over a full season for Boro.

Already a few on here hinted there's an interest but suppose they're waiting for Conte to start at Chelsea (which could still be a few weeks) as he'll decide what players leave.

Our squad is far to big according to RDM.  I would have expected to see more out the door at this stage though.  Might be a case that players wont discuss leaving until they are back from holidays next week.

6 hours ago, KSV said:

He would be good for England. (not right now)  He doesnt have to sign players..  the squad picks itself.. hes english and as much as i dont like him.. is a great motivator. Think he would be a better international manager than club manager. 

Not sure how much the motivation would help when he gets them playing 352 with a high line and offside trap against Germany...

7 hours ago, KSV said:

He would be good for England. (not right now)  He doesnt have to sign players..  the squad picks itself.. hes english and as much as i dont like him.. is a great motivator. Think he would be a better international manager than club manager. 

He'd be a better international manager than club manager because international football is all about quick motivation. He'd still be tactically appalling mind you - but the most critical reason we need him to get a club job immediately is that he's the only person I can think of who actually wants some of our players.

14 hours ago, jon_c said:

It's the beard , isn't it?

Yes. 

I've come to expect the football being crap, so my only wishes for this forthcoming season are:

i) Real Ale sold on match days. 

ii) A decent beard or 2 in first 11. 

6 minutes ago, av1 said:

Yes. 

I've come to expect the football being crap, so my only wishes for this forthcoming season are:

i) Real Ale sold on match days. 

ii) A decent beard or 2 in first 11. 

This! :thumb:

We have not had a good beard in the first team for sometime, though Baker gave it a good shout last season.

Though I would be happy with good football too!

12 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

This! :thumb:

We have not had a good beard in the first team for sometime, though Baker gave it a good shout last season.

Though I would be happy with good football too!

Crespo (remember him) played in the first team and had a significant beard.

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is Bjarnason realistic? I am aware he plays for FC Basel. Think he's a proper player. 

linked with a good few Italian clubs like Sampdoria and Roma. probably not sadly. good player and some engine on him

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Is Bjarnason realistic? I am aware he plays for FC Basel. Think he's a proper player. 

I don't think he is, guaranteed CL football at Basel and I'm sure after the Euro's he'd be attracting PL interest also.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Boumasbabies said:

Jérôme Onguene from Sochaux 6'3" centre back/right back. Daily Mail says we're in for him.

Anybody heard of this guy?

He certainly looks an athlete

Not heard of him, but he'll certainly tower about Tom 'Thumb' Elphick's 4'1" stature. 

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

Our squad is far to big according to RDM.  I would have expected to see more out the door at this stage though.  Might be a case that players wont discuss leaving until they are back from holidays next week.

I think that was probably a nice way of saying there were too many shite players in the squad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I suspect they will have identified problem positions, and will be moving on those. The squad will only be back tomorrow for training and then there will be the pre-season, so any squad assessment will be ongoing throughout that period. The management teams decisions will be very interesting.

I created a topic a few months ago in April, suggesting that Johan Gudmundsson would be a great fit for us, especially with a player like Gestede in our squad.

A player with his ability and stats should be nowhere near league 1 next season. Hopefully he is on our transfer list

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/14854-players-for-next-season/?do=findComment&comment=1927152